PDA

View Full Version : Got Eggs On The Cone!!!

darcy
09-24-2002, 07:48 PM
Hi All
well the pair I got a couple of weeks ago have spawned for me tonight!!!! What a rush to watch!! The male looks like he did his job actually they are still going at it as I write! Almost as exciting as when we had a daughter last year!!! I'm sooo glad I never gave up last year! Now if I can get wigglers I'll really freak!!
Darcy

09-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Wow, either you have some really great discus or a really bad kid...... All kidding aside, it really is a rush to get to watch them, even though mine have only done it once and the male just ate the eggs....all in due time....all in due time....

Brad

Lynn
09-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Congrats Darcy!!!
I know how you feel!!!:bounce:
Keep us posted!!

joanr
09-25-2002, 12:37 AM
Looks like love is in the air this September. So many spawns for our members. Congrats and stick with it, it eventually will pay off.

JR

darcy
09-25-2002, 09:10 AM
Well the eggs are still there and Mom and Dad are ever watchful and taking turns fanning them. What a great experience. !!! What sucks is I have to go out of town for work for the next couple of days and won't see the hatch if they do hatch. Maybe its for the best I go away before I drive my family insane with all my rantings and pulling everyone in to see what the fish are up to now!!! My wife thinks I'm ready for the rubber room!!! Isn't this hobby GREAT!!
Darcy

Rikk
09-26-2002, 05:49 PM
tell us if the fry is there when you come back of if everything is gone

Tin Pusher
11-25-2002, 02:22 AM
Hello Darcy.........What happened?

darcy
11-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Tin Pusher
they ate all the eggs!! They have spawned a couple more times after this and still ate the eggs. I now take them out and artifically raise them. I tried both parents alone with the eggs but no go. I screened eggs and the fighting was crazy! The male beat the crap outta the female and she was a mess!! They are all better now . They have spawned last night and looks like this is the most eggs she has ever layed. The eggs will hatch out in a 10 gallon and then on to little casarole dishes for the egg feeding!!!
Darcy