PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy white diamond,white butterfly,blue panda

10-06-2002, 04:40 PM
Jimmy'
I believe You are right! these strains are close to being the same.

What I call a white diamond is a cross between a BD and a Butterfly. For Me to call it a whitediamond it must be very clean mostly white with a hint of bd blue in the top and bottom fins. Most of the Dirty ones will look like the blue pandas But I rarely sell them as that. for the most part they are sold as dirty pb to LFS and wholesale.

Some of the pics I seen of blue pandas show alot of striation and blue in the Discus. This could happen when useing a not so solid white pb for the cross. white dragon ETC......

When I breed white to white most are very clean and only a small % show striation.

HTH
TakeCare'
Cary Gld!

10-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Cary, would you mind posting a pic or two of these fish of yours, if you already have some. Don't take time away from your family to take more, but if you already have some i'd like to see them, i might want some of those too....

Brad

10-06-2002, 10:41 PM
This is what I call a White Diamond!

10-06-2002, 10:46 PM
What a beautiful fish. Clean, not a speckle of dust. Thanks Cary.

Jimmy.

10-07-2002, 06:01 PM
Very Nice indeed!!!!
So what is your equivalent of the Blue Panda, if it's not that fish right there and can you post a pic? Cary...this isn't fair, every time I talk i keep increasing the number of fish i'm gunna order....

10-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Hi Bradnc'
This is what I guess they call a blue panda!
TakeCare'
Cary Gld!

Willie
10-13-2002, 02:02 PM
Cary;

In my experience, BD's do a good job of raising their own fry while PB types do not. What's your experience with the white diamonds or blue pandas? Any correlation between fry attachment and speckling?

Willie

10-15-2002, 01:36 AM
Hi Willie'
Its funny You ask!

For the most part the real White wds are a BI---!@#$%
to get on the backs. No lights,lowwer the water level, remove the sponge filter, keeping the sides back and bottom covered at all times. and if you did good in 3 days or less the fry will then attach.

So I guess My anwser is Yes!
The ones with More Blue are forsure better at attracting
the fry! with out all the other tinkering above.

However I never had much problems with other Pbs lines like Marlboro reds,gold diammonds,tangarines,red pbs striated,red melons.

HTH
TakeCare'
Cary Gld!

KC
12-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Do you sell white diamonds? I would love to get my hands on one of yours.

KC

12-17-2002, 12:11 AM
KC: I got mine from Cary. He has a pair of beautiful White Diamond. I'm pretty sure he always has some for sale.
Jimmy.

discusadam
12-27-2002, 04:26 AM
Hey Cary this is Adam let me know when you have some of those white diamonds. You got any babies now?