PDA

View Full Version : Start of 2002/03 Season!!!!!

darcy
10-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Ok Folks
my other favorite past time has begun, which is the NHL season!!!! I would like every ones opinion on who's going to win the cup and why.

I will have to go fo the Philadelphia Flyer's again!!!!!!!!
The Calgary Flames should make play off's this year but won't get to far! Some teams are stronger like the NYR, Detroit is always there and Colorado should make a decent run.
So what do you think?
No Edmonton fans or I will :puke: J/K
Darcy

DarkDiscus
10-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Darcy,

I was going to make a similar post yesterday but never got around to it. I love hockey!

My favorite team was the Hartford Whalers and I followed that pack of losers (ahem... ) for years until the bastards moved to Carolina. (Hockey does NOT belong in the south, I'm sorry!)

SO... I don't have a favorite team anymore. Which is too bad.

Anybody want to assign me one?

John

darcy
10-11-2002, 04:29 PM
John
the Hartford Whaler's!!!!!! they were even worse than Calgary!! LOL!!! I think you should jump on the philly band wagon!!!

GO FLYER'S GO!!!!!!

Where are all the rest of the Canucks???? I thought this was a Canadian thing???? Are you Canadian or not?
Darcy

DarkDiscus
10-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Darcy,

They probably haven't seen it yet! As for Philly... Hmm. I don't know about that one!

And yes, the Whalers were the worst, but they had a truly great theme song!

John

darcy
10-11-2002, 08:08 PM
John
c'mon come over to the light!!!! Us philly fans will wecome you with open arms!!!

What was the whale's theme song?
darcy

DarkDiscus
10-12-2002, 01:55 PM
Darcy,

It's pretty hard to express by typing on the computer!

;)

John

PS Philly, huh?

darcy
10-13-2002, 10:12 AM
John
Calgary and philly played last night with the flames leading 4 to 2 going into the third. Recchi was a flyer on a mission in the third !! Came back to win 5 to 4! Too bad for my flames though I was hoping for a tie.

Watch a few of there games YOU will go out and buy yourself a flyer's jersey, and you will chant

GO FLYER'S GO!! GO FLYER'S GO!!!!!!!

I'll have to come back to this post in a few month's time hopefully I won't be eating my words as I have done for the past few years!!!!
Darcy

discus4me
10-19-2002, 12:40 AM
I dont know much about hockey but i do have ties to tonya harding if you want her on one of those loosing teams. All i know is shes good with a stick.

SoloDiscus
11-15-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey what about those Blues?? 9 game win streak without 2 of their top players (Pronger & Tkachuk). Now they picked up a playoff goalie in Barrasso.
I know they have never done it but I believe this could be their biggest move towards it yet

DarkDiscus
11-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Darcy,

I've been following the Flyers just for you!

They seem to be kicking butt. I also have to follow the Whalercanes as long as Ron Francis remains. He was my guy way back when and I have to support him!

John

darcy
11-15-2002, 09:22 PM
John
WELCOME to the fold brother!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* :-* :o :o :o
The Flyer's are doing rather well!!! I watched them play Florida the other night but wasn't to impressed with their play! They tied 1-1.

Do you think the Whalercanes will trade Irbe and stick with Weekes?
Darcy

Lynn
11-18-2002, 01:33 AM
Alright Darcy......way too much talk of the flyers going on here :P

My team is the Pens!!!!! Decent start, but I don't think they'll make it to the Cup.
I like the whaler-canes too, John, But hockey in the south doesn't seem right...Phoenix,Tampabay, Dallas....I'd like to see expansion back into Canada ;D

Solodiscus....sorry to tell you this, but Barrasso used to be a playoff goalie...the Blues wasted their $$

Early season pick to mess-up the playoffs for someone...Islanders :P

Lynn

SoloDiscus
11-18-2002, 09:46 AM
Barrasso got a shut-out sat night but I do see your point about him being a bit on the old side. I just cant stand the two goalies we have had before him so ive welcomed the change. Brent Johnson must have rubber on every pad he owns because he dishes out so many rebounds and Braithwaite looks like a midget in the net. Who knows----I wished they would have picked CUJO back up when he was available the fans here loved him. GO BlUES!

darcy
11-18-2002, 09:05 PM
Solodiscus
I can't believe your dissing Freddy!!!! :P :P :P :P If it wasn't for him your Blues would have been "singing the Blues". I think Barrasso will be a good fit in St. Lou, he has the experience and will really help Johnson and Freddy!! To bad one or the other will be traded.

Lynn
to much talk about the Flyer's.... NEVER :'( :'( :'( :'(
You say your favorite team is the Pens? Who??? Never heard of 'em ;D
Mario will help them along with Kovalev,Morozov and Straka(when he returns) But the defence bites the big one and I'm not to keen on there goaltending!!
Darcy

Lynn
11-19-2002, 01:34 AM
Yeah Darcy, its the same story with the Pens, no defense!

I still miss Recchi, still wish we got Tkachuck, and should have got all of washingtons defense for Jagr, but what can ya do???

What does everyone think of the Rangers...not that I like them, but they seem to be building.

GO PENS!!!!!!!

darcy
11-19-2002, 10:13 AM
Hi Lynn
the Ranger's are a whole different ball of wax!! Lindros is my favorite!
But he hasn't done to much this year, he's getting chances but the puck won't find the back of the net for him!! >:( >:( >:(
I also truly believe there are too many ego's on that team. Messier,Lindros,Bure,Nedved,Leetch. Can there be too many leader's on one team?? Now with Richter out again Blackburn has filled in nicely but he still is only 19 and will have to cave sooner or later. So here comes the question will the Ranger's sign Dafoe?

GO FLYER'S GO
Darcy

SoloDiscus
11-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Yeah Darcy I shouldnt diss Freddy too bad I just have never been a big fan of him although I do wish they would keep him over Johnson which I dont think will happen. Johnson just gives up too many rebounds----ughh he drives me crazy! I just cant wait til big walt (tkachuk) comes back.

I saw Bure finally netted one last night. That guy is incredible Im sure he'll be picking the pace back up.

darcy
11-20-2002, 10:01 PM
Solo I was pissed Calgary traded Freddy!!! He played his heart out for that team and bang see ya wouldn't want to be ya!! Now you look at Calgary not a bad team on paper but they play like crap this year!!!
They got slayed by Detroit last night 5-0 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Darcy

Lynn
11-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Too bad the Rangers didn't get Dafoe, he would've made a nice addition for them.

The Pens lose yet another in OT >:(

darcy
11-21-2002, 09:37 AM
Lynn
that was a good game last night between the Habs and Pens. Aubin looked impressive, he made some great saves. But that'd the troublr the Pens will be fighting teams like the Habs for that last play off spot and they NEED to win those games. Did you notice they were banging Lemieux all over the place and throwing him off his game?
Darcy

SoloDiscus
11-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah and Calgary then gets stuck with Turek. Im sorry about that. I would have loved for the Blues to have gone after Dafoe. We got beat by good ole Columbus last night---ughhhhh

ChloroPhil
12-13-2002, 05:24 PM
I agree with DarkDiscus...the Whalers did indeed suck. However, now that I've moved from New Hampshire to North Carolina I'm very happy to have the Hurricanes as a home team..it seems the time away from NE has improved the franchise. I'm hoping the 'Canes or my sentimental fav, Chicago makes it to the Playoffs this year.

DarkDiscus
12-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Biotypical,

HEY! A lot of these guys are still my Whalers! Or guys who came in trades with my Whalers!

And they will still be the Whalers to me!

;)

John

PS. Some of us LIKE living in the past!

darcy
12-14-2002, 07:54 PM
So what does everyone think of Fleury coming back? Hopefully he has his crap together!! Chicago sure has got some confidence back with his return.
Darcy

12-14-2002, 11:39 PM
John - shove it! Hockey does belong in the south!!! lol

I live in Carolina and truly enjoy watching the games. I go to our local minor league game (Charlotte Checkers) all the time and love it. Who knows...maybe the 'Canes can take the cup this year

DarkDiscus
12-16-2002, 02:03 PM
Brad,

It's good to know there are SOME hockey fans down thataway.

I just miss my Whalers!

Even if they were awful!

John

DavidAJ
12-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Are you ALL kidding ? The best team ever plays pond hockey in Mystery, Alaska ;D

David

p.s. ..................Have a wonderful and safe holiday season :fish: