PDA

View Full Version : I'm a nanny..........

nalah
10-19-2002, 05:25 AM
kids,you may think.NO WAY! .I'm a discus nanny.

Chong have given me the HUGE task of caring for his discus till maybe around december.
when i say "huge"..its not the workload I'm refering to. It's the responsibility.......

But Chong can visit anytime to visit his kids.And i promised to care for then as if they were my own.

So to Chong,thank you for trusting me with the boys. :)

DarkDiscus
10-19-2002, 07:59 AM
Wow! That is a big responsibility to take care of. Well, they couldn't have a better nanny! Have fun, Pascale.

Of course giving them up may be really hard too...

John

nalah
10-19-2002, 05:55 PM
I started this thread so that Chong can come here to get updated...
If i post a few photos,he'll be happy.
But you are correct.....its a huge responsibility... :scared:

It wasn't an easy choice to give me his babies,but Chong has only a 60L tank, the other 2 are spawning and need room. Plus,our little aussie is getting married in a few weeks.....
He loves his fishies,but his wife-to-be would like a bit of attention for a change....LOL
;)
cya 4 now
pascale :fish:

Chong,
all's good this morning. They ate... they are moving around more.
they are starting to look at me now. before ,it was..." if we turn around,look the other way..she my not see us,think we're gone and leave us alone" ;D ;D ;D
i will post more pics during the week...

nalah
10-21-2002, 03:49 AM
Hi Chong
alls well... they are eating ..boy,do they love flakes. should see them swimming around tank,chasing the flakes...LOL

will post pics tomorrow. i'm sorry,my photographic abilities are pretty Sh#$... so if they look off colour,its the camera,not the fishies... ;D

bye for now

BlueTurquoise
10-21-2002, 09:37 AM
PASCALE! I owe you big time! Honestly everyone, Pascale is very modest about her discus keeping abilities than she gives herself credit for. I have no worries at all. In fact I kind of forgotten that you had them (in the sense that I have total faith in you!).

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that they love to hunt fast swimming flakes! it's their favourite past time as I used to treat them to good flakes between meals! They will be unrecognisably big when I get them back from you. Hey at the rate you are going, you may not want to give them back!!!

Oh yes I got more pics of my fish and have posted them on the website.

Chong

nalah
10-21-2002, 06:10 PM
cut the crap Chong - you're making me blush ;D

i am only doing the basics chong...wc,correct ph,good food.

anyway,thank you. comments like that coming from you dont surprise me.you're a great guy... and a friend now... :sun:

they are getting better each day. i am hand feeding all fish and hopefully,your boys will come around soon.funny ,i have one tank full of piranahs.... they would jump out of the tank of they could..
and your boys are so shy....LOL.

BlueTurquoise
10-21-2002, 09:50 PM
You deserve every bit of praise Pascale!

They will take awhile but they will come around. They fed out of my hands eagerly. I think it's to do with not being in a large group. If there were 2 or 3 more in there they'd be much more eager... but anyway I am sure they will call you mum sooner or later hehe

Chong

nalah
10-23-2002, 06:47 AM
G'day bud,
here are a couple of pics for you
sorry...i played around with camera..still no better..GRR
anyway..pic 1

nalah
10-23-2002, 06:50 AM
and here's your other baby..
no probs so far...
they sleep,eat,poop,eat more ...etc....and they argue...LOL.

starting to look up at me when i feed them....LOL still shy.
chat soon.

nalah
10-27-2002, 07:16 AM
Hello Daddy
we miss you but we are having so much fun...
this place is big and roomy... good exercise.... :D... and food around here is pretty good too. but that human is a bit of a pain - sticks her hands in our tank all the time to clean our mess.
cya
ps/don't worry,we're happy

nalah
11-07-2002, 01:15 AM
well as you can see,they kids are doing well. but you on the other hand...... you badparent,you.
no calls,no im's, no replies to messages....

so we (the discus and I) have decided to become a permanent family.

ok boys...wave bye bye to daddy............
:fish: :wave:
:fish::wave:

DarkDiscus
11-07-2002, 11:36 AM
Chong,

It sounds like your fish are staging a rebellion. They may end up preferring their nanny to their daddy!

;)

John

nalah
11-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Joh,
how would you feel - dumped into a bucket in the middle of the night,taken to another location,and no visits from daddy since......
they feel abandoned.. and rightly so. ;D