PDA

View Full Version : New LIfe Spectrum Foods

Ann
10-21-2002, 09:30 PM
Hi All

I was just woundering if any one has used the New Life Spectrum discus food. I got a small amount from a friend yesterday and my fish took it straight away. They do not eat their tetra bits as well as this stuff. I just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it and what they thought of it before I go out and buy a jar.

Ann :-*

fcdiscus
10-21-2002, 11:53 PM
Hi Ann, Yes, I use it, and some of my fish like it, and some do not. Personally, I think it is a fine product and wish all my fish would eat it for a better variety. It is much better than Sera or that real crap- Vibragro! Frank

heavyp83
10-23-2002, 09:18 PM
Never personally tried it but I've heard nothing but good about it.

citizenal
11-14-2002, 06:35 AM
I use it and pour a whole bunch in the tank, in a couple of hours all of it is gone. So it seems like the fish love the stuff, and since I get the stuff for 50.00 for 12 150 g case I cant complain. I might try that azoo stuff everyone talks about, though it seems similar to New Life Spectrum?

Aquatic_Design
11-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Hi Ann,
I use New Life Spectrum. The discus eat it very well.

Donna :)

Ann
11-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Hi citizenal I tried the azoo blue food and my discus refuse to eat it. I even soak it first so it sinks but they will not even touch it. I was hoping to bring out the blue colour but they do not agree. I have an easier time getting them to eat flake foods as I have neons in the tank and the discus always eat all the flake I feed them. Maybe your fish are not as fussy as mine.

Ann

citizenal
11-14-2002, 08:19 PM
Humm.. Thanks for the info. My fish seem to really like the New Life Spectrum food so I guess i'll just stick with it. I also feed blood worms and mysis shrimp, and I also cultivate live brine shrimp. Mmmhh mmmhhh good. ;D My tetra's seem to really like eating cyclop-eeze, and so do my salt water fish. I used to keep anthius (not sure if im spelling right) a salt water fish, but they died from being too skinny. With this new cyclop-eeze stuff I am using right now I am gonna buy some more anthius and see if the 40 X than brine shrimp boasted fat content actually keeps them alive. AL

11-15-2002, 12:25 AM
Please post the ingredients & nutritional value if you have it.
I tried their website but could not find this information.
Oh, how's the smell? I just hate stinky fish food. Makes my room smells bad. Hikari Red Discus is the stinkiest that I can tolerate.

Thanks

RandalB
11-15-2002, 02:13 AM
Hi all,
I've used it with community fish and angels and tried it out on my Discus with the following results:

Community Fish love it, It definately brings out colors you did'nt know they had especially reds and yellows.

Angels: Also love it, Definate color enhancement but not as pronounced as the community mollies/platy's, etc

Discus: Don't particularly care for it, will eat it after awhile, No apparent color change, But I wind up vaccuming up a lot of it (Picky fish)

RandalB

arpanlib
11-19-2002, 04:22 PM
hi,
my fish eat this food and love it.

arpanlib

jim_shedden
11-19-2002, 04:36 PM
I am going to try to find it.

Jim

allan_mark76
11-21-2002, 01:10 AM
They have it here:

http://www.petsolutions.com

10.6 OZ. DISCUS FOOD = $10.49

A- :o

Lynn
11-21-2002, 02:58 AM
Roundhead
Here ya go......Discus Formula:
krill meal,fish meal,wheat flour, amino acids,algae meal,soybean meal,fish oil,beta carotene,spirulina,and a long list of vitamins!
protein 35%,fat 5%,fiber 5%,ash 0.9%, moisture 10%

I doesn't stink, unless you stick your nose in the jar! :P
My fish like it, but the wilds mostly just pick at it.
HTH ;D
Lynn