PDA

View Full Version : Could someone ID this one please?

DHDiscusMan
10-28-2002, 11:28 PM
I feel really silly that I didn't realize my orange discus were Marlboro Reds. I haven't seen any except on websites and they always looked more red than orange. I probably just have the LFS version but they are nice anyway.

I have another discus that I don't know what to call it. I have 3 like this... this one almost never shows stress bars, another is about 50/50 for stress bars, and the third usually does. I don't know if they could be different strains or just different temperments.

Here's a pic of the nicest one.

DHDiscusMan
10-28-2002, 11:29 PM
a second pic.

BlueTurquoise
10-29-2002, 03:31 AM
Looks liek a red turq of some sort, could be more of a cross. He does have some straighted patterning though that's rare-ish.

IMO vertical bars are more per fish thing than strain thing. I have a pair that I am 90% sure they are of the same spawn and one has extremely dark mood bars and the other has none at all. Also i prefer to call em mood bars than stress bars as my fish show them regardless of stress or not. They show them when the lights are bright. At night the bars are not there at all.

Chong

rfidiscus
11-06-2002, 04:24 AM
They look like a nice red turq... How old are they?

BLUEKNIGHT
11-06-2002, 02:18 PM
I would have to agree with Tom that looks like a red turk. ;D

11-07-2002, 06:09 PM
DH,

They look like the Marlboro Reds my friend got 3 years ago.

Mat

11-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Marlboro Reds aren't suppossed to look like that, are they? All of mine are solid orange/red w/ a small bit of striation on the finnage.