PDA

View Full Version : guess who bought plants yesterday :)))

April
11-04-2002, 11:31 AM
;D ;Dhi Don!!!! mr. moderator....
guess who bought plants yesterday.
and....guess what? Glenn bought a plant bulb....for his fish. a bargain..at 50 cents!!!!! says its perfect for plants.!!!!
ok we went to the vancouver fish auction..and i got some plants to bring home. i got frog floating stuff..floating fern...and some bacopa...and soem wendy stuff. lol hows that for names?
and a new light bar for my tank...and it looks rather spiffy.
i'll have to take a pic for you. oh..and some java fern . ;D
see you in chat....missed you yesterday. wanted to bug glenn about going to the dark side. thought youd like that. LOL.

DarkDiscus
11-04-2002, 11:56 AM
April,

The horror! We've lost another one to the dark side!

;)

John

gj555
11-04-2002, 02:26 PM
April,
Is this what your local Snake x's look like in a planted tank?

http://members.rogers.com/g.segal/aprils.jpg

Don_Lee
11-04-2002, 02:57 PM
I knew it would happen! I knew the Discus Fairy and Glenn would not go forever not seeing the need to be on the dark side! LOL, did you get a good pic of Glenn???

Talk Soon,

Don ;D

April
11-04-2002, 05:14 PM
Sorry Don...but no piccy of Glenn.
heh..thats a funny pic...but never fear..my new local snakeskin does not look like that ina planted tank!!!!
hes very happily swimming about in a bb tank.

John...dont' get too distressed!!!! the plants are in my guppy and sword tank!!!!! my discus are safe and sound in a bb tank.
alls well. ;D

DarkDiscus
11-04-2002, 05:23 PM
April,

Good to hear it! I was afraid we had lost you, but it seems that all is well in discusdom.

John

fcdiscus
11-04-2002, 06:28 PM
Real Discus People go Bare Bottomed! ;D Frank

Ralph
11-04-2002, 08:02 PM
You guys are just jealous 'cause you don't have your own section on the board. I'll talk to Al and Ryan about making a new section for BBs.
I know, we can call it Ugly A$$ed Tanks.

April
11-04-2002, 08:19 PM
theres no such luck having an ugly tank with gorgeous fish swimming about in it.....focus on the fish....forget the scenery.
thats like looking at bushes when you guys see a beautiful girl walk by....does it happen?
unless your trying to not look obvious your tongues are hanging out..then you might look at the grass or trees...
but....the eyes will still be turning..in their sockets to peak. right?
i just came by to visit don..and to try and convince him i have come to the dark side. LOL.

Ralph
11-04-2002, 09:01 PM
April, I can't believe that you are trying to convince me of the beauty of a BB tank. I've heard a lot of reasons to go BB but that is a new one.
I do want to see pictures of your planted guppy tank though and you are always welcome in the planted tank section.

Don_Lee
11-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Thanks for coming over April, I sure do appreciate your stopping by. Even if you don't quite yet like plants with your discus, you are welcome here anytime. The Discus Fairy brings joy to all areas of the board!

Don ;D

fcdiscus
11-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Hey April- I loved that comparison. Perfect! :D Frank

Serpae
11-07-2002, 12:33 AM
Dark side.................BLAH! How can it be the dark side when one runs so many watt's. This is the light bright right side. May the force be with you, lol.

April
11-07-2002, 01:01 AM
hi serpae. you got plants?
hmmmm....i better hang out here more often just to see who all has plants.and belong to the dark side.
lol.
dark....serpae...evil....they try to make us conform.

korbi_doc
11-07-2002, 12:20 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Awwwright guys, if one has potted swords in a bb tank, does that quaify as a "dark sider"? Or if added more java ferns, moss etc. would that mean I'm a "dark-sider???????????????????????????????????????? Just wondering??? I really have both, the 125g so far is bb, plus 4 potted swords, but the 90g has small pebbles (3-4mm) & I really like it better, so soon will add just one layer to the 125g.& am looking at more plants. But just to tie to rocks & driftwood, not for the pebbles. lol, Dottie ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Serpae
11-07-2002, 08:08 PM
YES...........another one. Soon we will rule the discus realm, HA.....HA.....HA.....HA! Nothing can stop us except the dreaded <shreik> algae. ;D

Ivan
11-10-2002, 02:43 PM
I'm with serpea on this one. Tis the bright side on are we hmm. Yes, convince you we can. folly is the way of the bb (After 9 months of growing out). See how vibrant are they. Recolect foliage that is living, nirtate down it keeps. Yes, Purer is the water, comforting places are there in such a home. hhhmmm.
JODA. Botanical Jedi Master.

Ralph
11-10-2002, 05:26 PM
Understand that I did not.

Dottie, I think the dark side is anyone who doesn't use their conductivity meter twice a day.

korbi_doc
11-10-2002, 06:00 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Gee Ralph, I use the tds meter on the r/o water maybe 2-3Xday, does that count for anything???? Not on the tanks, now, so do I get by?? hahahahahahahaha Dottie ::) ::) ::)

ChloroPhil
12-12-2002, 04:57 PM
*GASP!!!* Even as Darth Vader succumbed to the Light Side in the end I'm beginning to feel the pull...................HELP! I've converted my 20g to a BB w/potted plant holding tank for my incoming babies.....

dm
12-12-2002, 07:12 PM
Don't do it Biotypical! You know how dangerous this could be to your future.

Serpae
12-12-2002, 08:57 PM
Too right dm. Don't do it bio, you know what happened to darthy babe, his light was snuffed out :bomb: :fried: :angel:

ChloroPhil
12-13-2002, 10:08 AM
LOL!!!!

Don't worry, I'm not. I just thought it was ironic that here I am espousing planted tanks as loudly as I can only to strip one of them to hold a pair of fish. What's the world coming to!!! Just to make sure I didn't lose my mind I put as many potted plants as I reasonably could in there.

Even so, I do have to agree that a tank without substrate is probably the best way to keep a hospital/grow out tank. Once these runts are as grown as they're going to get..PLOP, into the plant tank they go.

Ralph
12-13-2002, 08:01 PM
I am also putting two runts in a BB tank. It is not because of the plants though, it is just easier for me to do big water changes in a smaller tank.
Also they are getting less food now because of their size, the bigger fish are intimidating them and the runts are eating less.