PDA

View Full Version : DRIVING NORTH

jim_shedden
11-06-2002, 02:20 PM
One of the neat things about this forum is the chance to talk to people all over the world. I have made a lot of freinds throughout the world and I always find it interesting to learn about the area they live in. I live in Northern Ontario, Canada and part of my job is visiting mine sites and pulp & paper sites and helping them solve problems. Yesterday I drove about 4 hours north of were I live to visit a Talc mine called Luzenac. They mine talc powder that is used in baby powder and stuff like that. Most people would flip if they saw where baby powder comes from. I decided to take the digital camera along with me and take some quick shots. These pics were taken yesterday, Nov. 6th. What is interesting is the fact that we have snow already and a lot of the lakes are already frozen.

Jim

jim_shedden
11-06-2002, 02:23 PM
DANGER : MOOSE

On this trip I only saw 2 but in the spring it is not uncommon to see 20. They are big and ugly...............sounds like I was describing my mother-in-law doesn't it............ :o

jim_shedden
11-06-2002, 02:25 PM
This is neat. Most people do not realize that the water either flows to the Atlantic or the Pacific depending on where you live. At this point (about an hour and a half north of my home) the water turns around and flows north to the arctic.

jim_shedden
11-06-2002, 02:27 PM
Do you beleive this!!!!!!!! :-X . There is already ice on the lakes. This is the earliest I have ever seen it. Usually I don't get out ice-fishing until the beginning of December but this is nuts.

jim_shedden
11-06-2002, 02:28 PM
A highway shot

jim_shedden
11-06-2002, 02:29 PM
This is the Luzenac mine site. They just transferred an engineer from Montana here. Talk about you culture shock.

jim_shedden
11-06-2002, 02:39 PM
OOOOOPS ...............WRONG ONE........... ;D

DarkDiscus
11-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Jim,

Nice pics, especially the last one...

I always like to see other places also, and it looks like winter is already visiting Canada in force!

John

Ivan
11-08-2002, 06:06 PM
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I always thoughtsanta lived in Lap land. Must have been holidaying in Canada. Or trespassing. ;D ;D

korbi_doc
11-10-2002, 06:33 PM
:bounce: :bounce: OMG How DO you survive up there????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
No wonder Santa fell over dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have trouble surviving in NEW JERSEY & it can't compare to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

& thank goodness my son-in-law thinks I'm cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dottie Stay warm! Springs coming, but I bet it doesn't do you much good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D