PDA

View Full Version : Meds.. why use them properly....

brewmaster15
11-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Hi all,
AS many of you know my dads been real ill. He's recently fighting a very bad infection and is on IV antibiotics. He's responding well though.

just wanted to remind everyone that before you use an antibiotic , be sure you use the right one and the best dose. one of the three antibiotics that is saving my DADS life right is Flagyl...aka metronidazole! it not only works on protozoans, but also on a few very specific bacterial infections-mostly anaerobic bacteria.

take care,
al

11-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Cipro and Flag are the drug of choice if we don't know what it is before C&S results come back after a week. Just hit and miss. Experience at this stage really plays an important role to treat patients with the correct antibiotic. Television program the night before has great influences of what physicians order the next day. I usually order Flag for all ventilated patients and pass the buck to someone else specialized in this area. If they don't work. Genta,Clinda will be used. Amoxicilin if patients are not sensitive to it. Best wishes for you dad. Brew. wish I can help.
Jimmy.

EthanCote.com
11-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Best wished to your dad Al and your family. I hope he will get well soon.

Regards,

Chi