PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Heat Titanium Heaters

Cormorant
11-07-2002, 03:38 PM
Thanks to Dave_C I looked into idea of running a small supply operation on the side. Since I work from home, I have a lot of time on my hands so I will try to look around for some good deals. And because it all started here on Simply, members here will always get the special treatment.

My first Pro Heat titanium heaters came form Dr.FosterSmith about six months ago. I have ordered eight of them to replace my old glass heaters of various brands. As of now the reliability on these heaters is 100%. The only thing I've noticed is that it is much safer to keep the heater submerged during water changes - it gets pretty hot when exposed to air for long time. If you ask me the best feature of these heaters is the external thermostat - no more wet sleeves while changing the setting.

Here are my prices for Pro Heat titanium heaters:

Regular Price Simply Member Price

In about two weeks I will start selling these models:

Pro Heat Heaters:

200W $21.95 $20.95
250W $22.95 $21.95

Pro Heat II Heaters with digital display:

150W $37.95 $36.95
250W $42.95 $41.95
350W $44.95 $43.95

Shipping on first heater is $5.00; please add $1.00 for each additional unit.
Payment can be made with Personal Check, Money Order, or Paypal
You can E-mail me at Abucardinal@ameritech.net or just call me 773-392-3502
If you have interest in any other products, let me know.

Albert

brewmaster15
11-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Hi Albert,
I will definetly be in touch with you. Thank you for giving the forum members a discount as well. let me know if the board can help you out in any way .

good luck,
al

DarkDiscus
11-07-2002, 04:24 PM
Albert,

I've been planning on making this move to the titanium heaters for a while and keep putting it off. I think that I will also be contacting you to get some new heaters!

Thanks!

John

allterraintanks
11-07-2002, 09:58 PM
be careful with the pro heat heaters, they are not even
ul listed. also they are not at all cracked up to be as
people think. i spoke to them about the ul listing. they
said they are in the process of getting it ul listed. when
it comes to heaters i would be very careful with them. also
sensor probe is part of the titanium section, that isn't too
good. you can save alot of money by getting the
commodityaxis titanium heaters. seperate temp probe
which can go on one side of the tank and titanium tube
on the other. it is also ul listed and alot cheaper in price
than pro heat

Cormorant
11-08-2002, 12:06 AM
You are right,
ViaAqua brand heaters are Ul listed and Pro Heat brand heaters are in process of Ul listing. The reason for this is ViaAqua entered US market a little earlier then Pro Heat and its promoting company, Commodity Axis, applied for the listing earlier then Pro Heat distributor, Won Brothers.
When I started to consider selling titanium heaters I ordered one ViaAqua just to compare it to ProHeat heaters I was already using.
There are two reasons why I decided to sell Pro Heat heaters.
First reason is what you consider an advantage of ViaAqua; the separate thermostat probe which you can put on the other side of the tank. I think that this design can create hot zone around the heater, especially in an under circulated tank.
There must be something good about in-tube thermostat since most to date heaters are using this design.
Second reason I picked Pro Heat is the abundance of cables in ViaAqua heater. You have separate cable for the heater tube, separate cable for the thermostat probe, and one more for the power supply; too cumbersome for my taste. I have enough cables/lines around my tanks so I don't need a heater with tree cable instead of one. I suspect that this three cable feature of ViaAqua contributes to the lower demand/price of this heater.

Which heater is more durable, which one will not cook our fish, I don't know. Both heaters are made in China and both are on the market too short to judge which one is better.

Only time will tell.

Albert

Aquarius
11-08-2002, 01:00 AM
The prope would work great for a WEt/Dry setup when the HEater is in the wet/dry, thus the probe could be in the tank.

Do either of these two heaters shut down/off when the water level drops though? That is the BIG ? for me. When I do a W/C or the wife, that last thing I need to do is unplug all the heaters, what a pain,,

-steve

allterraintanks
11-08-2002, 07:26 AM
just take the titanium htr tube and place it at the bottom
of your tank, yes i agree about the circulation, it very
important to have some movement within the tank
to spread the heated water around. i use the via aqua
ones near either my sponges or powerfilter or in the
sump of wet dry filters. i have used them on salt and
reef tanks as well. i know the 3 wires seems like much
but i can always hide it, as far as shutting down
there is no mention of high temp shutdown on either
i will look into it and let you guys know.

mench
11-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Sure Al,now ya start selling the heaters,right after I bought 15 of the ViaAqua!!!!!! I have also been using a couple of the Pro Heat,and I like them both,I havend had the ViaAquas long,just put them in the new room tanks today,so we will see how they work out,I know I have a LOT of extra Ebo's for spares....When I need more heaters I will get in touch with you for sure..

Mench

Francisco_Borrero
11-08-2002, 12:08 PM
I just purchased 4 Via Aqua stainless (300watt) heaters, and installed two in my new 150gal tank. I love them!!! They keep the temp I want, the temperature corresponds to the scale on the external controller, and they are able to elevate the temp rapidly when I move the controller. I do agree that the 3-cable design is a little cumbersome, but I feel so much better with them than with the crappy Ebo Jagers. I will be using the Ebos in some of my non-discus tanks, and passing many of them to my aquarium society's next auction. They will go for very little money.
Cheers, Francisco.

roger
11-08-2002, 02:03 PM
I just setup 2 55g tanks, one for fish and the other to age water in. (Until I need it for fish that is)

I have 2 of the via aqua heaters on order from ww.wcaquatics.com 1 for the 55 and 1 for the main qt tank. Im taking the ebo and putting it in the water aging tank. If it breaks and heats the water up then its not going to hurt anything.

Once the via aquas are going Ill report back on how happy I am with them. If I find the extra cabling a pain then I know where to go to get the others.

EthanCote.com
11-08-2002, 03:00 PM
On the topic of heater, is a 200W or a 250W better for a 75 gallon tank?? Of course I imagine the higher the better, but there is also the higher cost. So if you have to pick one in term of efficiency vs price which one would you buy?

Thanx.

Cheers,

Chi.

Cormorant
11-08-2002, 03:56 PM
For 75 gal. I would go with 300W; especially on discus tank.

Albert

allterraintanks
11-08-2002, 05:36 PM
we run a maintenance service at all terrain tanks also, and
we have installed over 150 of the via aqua htrs ranging
from 100 to 350watts, i must say we have had no
problems with them keeping temps in various fresh/salt/reef
tanks. i personally have them on all my discus setups at
90 degrees with no problem whatsoever

DHDiscusMan
11-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Chi, from most of the online sources there is almost no difference in price between 200s, 250s and 300... commonly a dollar or so. If you are getting one probably a 300... if you want two in the tank for redundancy then maybe 200s or 250s but then you have the cost of the second heater to deal with.

Just my opinion.

Dan

Top_Bhoy
11-09-2002, 07:21 PM
Guys,

Slightly off-topic (not much though :)) is there a manufacturer website for these heaters..I can't seem to find any if there is. I'd like to see if they have UK/European models for distribution.

Cheers

Chris

Discusgeo
11-10-2002, 10:13 AM
For the Pro Heat they are manufactured by the Won Brothers. Heres the link.
http://www.wonbrothers.com/

korbi_doc
11-10-2002, 08:55 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Guys I love my ViaAquas. Use them in tanks, 37g,90g,125g, & water-prep Rubbermaid. The extra cords are no problem, & I hang the controller on the wall where its safe,easy to see & use. In the tank they are placed low so at w/c no problem. lol Dottie ;D ;D ;D