PDA

View Full Version : My current growout tanks

11-07-2002, 03:56 PM
I've sold quite a few Discus lately to make room for these guys and for some new arrivals. I still have 15 adults but the bulk of my fish are just juveniles. Here's what I've got coming up... all comments are welcome.

Here's my tank of 7 Golden Pigeon S/S from Mike Wells

11-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Here's a 55g tank with some Canary Yellows (Discus Hawaii), Gold Diamonds (Cary Strong), Blue Heaven (Cary Strong), White Diamonds (Cary Strong) & Snow White (Discus Hawaii).

I really like the big fish on the left. It's a Canary Yellow and has had no color feeding in over 3 months. Prior to that it had some beefheart with Naturose. I figured that had caused it to go red so I stopped feeding it. No change since then.

11-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Here's a tank that has some Super Red Royal Blues, Blue Heavens & Red Pigeons. All came from Cary Strong.

11-07-2002, 04:00 PM
I have 30 Gold Pigeon S/S & 10 Red Melons from Cary as well. I've split them into 2 65g tanks. One has a nice turquoise background, the other has no background. The fish look the same but the pictures don't do them justice. Here's one tank, Golds & Melons.

11-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Here's the other tank, crappy background, just Golds.

11-07-2002, 04:03 PM
So that's it for growouts. Five tanks totalling 300g containing 80 Discus. They range in size from about 2.5" up to about 4".

Dave

EthanCote.com
11-07-2002, 04:17 PM
*drooling**drooling* *drooling*

Yo Dave, the "7 Golden Pigeon S/S from Mike Wells" are looking GRrreat!!!

The Gold Pigeons SS from Cary aren't looking too shabby....more pics puleeezzeeeee ;D ;D ;D

Hey what are coming your ways? And post pics of them ;D

Cheers,

Chi.

DarkDiscus
11-07-2002, 04:29 PM
Nice fish Dave!

Are you planning on giving breeding a go or are you going to sell them in your shop or are they purely for your personal pleasure?

Or a combination thereof!

I kinda like ALL of the fish!

If I had to pick one I liked the best I'd go with one of the Red Pidgeons or that Canary yellow with all the red on him - he looks like a sunset.

John

11-07-2002, 04:32 PM
I rarely sell my fish at the LFS. There are some of mine there now and God knows how long they'll take to sell. I've always bought fish with breeding in mind. I've had a bit of success but not much. So these are purely for my pleasure right now. I'll be selling some of the Gold Pigeons within Canada when they get to 3.5-4". I plan to keep a dozen of them. The Canary Yellow is my favorite right now and is really feisty. My guess is that it's a male. I'd love to connect him with a Gold Pigeon in 6 months or so.

Dave

DarkDiscus
11-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Dave,

All I can say is they are great fish. I can't imagine why you wouldn't have success selling them at the LFS - especially when big and beautiful.

As for your breeding projects - I predict awesome success. You have great stock and are clearly sufficiently dedicated. I'm sure you will soon have lots of fry!

Keep us up to date on the Canary Yellow.

John

EthanCote.com
11-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Hey Dave for the record, don't forget me when you plan to sell them in Canada. I might be interested.

I better start saving up for them ;D Hmmm not a great time to buy some since its so close to Xmas but hell, perhaps I can get someone to buy them for me Xmas present *grin*.

Cheers,

Chi.

BLUEKNIGHT
11-08-2002, 10:10 AM
Really Nice fish dave. Can u post more pics of the snowwhites and canary yellows.
thanks ;D

DREW
11-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Nice fish dave, always healthy and full of color. Do you any set-up for breeding?

11-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Here's another of the Canary Yellow

11-08-2002, 03:42 PM
And here's the group of 2 White Diamonds & 1 Snow White

11-08-2002, 03:43 PM
I do have a breeding tank with a pair of Snakeskins. They've spawned 5x so far but the hatch rate has been dismal.

Dave