PDA

View Full Version : Article Use..please read

brewmaster15
11-11-2002, 11:15 AM
Hi all,
Here at SimplyDiscus we freely authorize any information found on this forum to be used by others in the hobby.Just citing the author and this site are alls that are required. The purpose of this site is to promote the discus hobby and help people take the best care of their fish.
Not all sites freely give that permission. Some require that you specifically contact them for permission to copy their articles. I know that the people that post here are only trying to help others when you do copy information from other sites, but please obtain permission from the site, or go to the individual that the site credits with the article and ask the author for permission directly. If you do not know who to ask, contact me and I will look into it.
Thanks,
al

11-11-2002, 11:48 AM
So you're putting all my posts in a book! Its about time my genius was recognized.

brewmaster15
11-11-2002, 12:30 PM
yep,
unless I hear otherwise from you Edibill, unfortunately yours will have to be in the section labled rated "R" ;) ;D

-al

Discusgeo
11-11-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm guilty of this and I need to watch out from now on even though I did give the credit where it belonged.
George

slicksta
11-11-2002, 04:37 PM
Does that mean I can't sign my name to the really good articles anymore.....

Steve_Warner
11-12-2002, 02:49 AM
So you're putting all my posts in a book! Its about time my genius was recognized.

"D'oh!" <---------------permission by Homer J. Simpson ;D J/K Edibill, LMAO with this comment!

Steve

BLUEKNIGHT
11-12-2002, 12:15 PM
I got no problem with that. ;D

Rikk
11-13-2002, 06:40 PM
no problemo amigo !!

just make sure when the book comes out youŽll hand over 10% of the profit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

brewmaster15
11-14-2002, 10:51 AM
Hi all,
I just want to clarify this post a little. If there is information at another site that you think is relevant to a discussion here, please just put a link to that site. If you think it is a really great piece of information, email me , Ryan, or the mods and we will try to obtain permisssion to post that article on our site. Articles and other copyrighted information posted without permission being obtained will be removed by the Moderators.

We are currently building our website and once it is complete, I will be actively pursuing the creation of a site Library that will house all articles written by and submitted by members here. It will also a host a wealth of articles written by experts in various fields that have given us permission to house their articles. I like to set myself goals and I have set this one for the upcoming year. I also plan on spending more time personally writting articles for the library.

take care,
al

EthanCote.com
11-14-2002, 11:49 AM
So Al,

Do you need someone to push you? ;D I'm the man for the job. I can IM you every week about this issue until it gets done ;D Wot do u tink? ;)

hehe

Cheers,

Chi.

brewmaster15
11-14-2002, 11:55 AM
Better watch it Chi , I delegate work very efficiently. ;) I spent several years as a project manager in business before I fell in love with Biology! ;) ;D ;D ;D

al