PDA

View Full Version : Cheerio for now!

BlueTurquoise
11-13-2002, 01:40 AM
Hello to everyone, esp my good friends here at SD,

I am so sorry I have not been very active (at all) in the past 3 weeks or so as Jen and I have been flat out, pedal to the floor for the last month or so. It doesn't look like slowing down yet for quite some time.

We painted our new flat last weekend, boy that was a 7am to 7pm affair and more the next day. Very sore. Tip: masking tape everything! I did and saved me heaps fo time!. This weekend we are moving into the place so boy it is going to be another long one.

As you may or may not already know Pascale (aka Nala) has offered to baby-sit my 2 juveniles (to which I am ETERNALLY grateful). Last night I drove my breeding pair to a friend's place, tank, backup equipment and all. The pair had laid unsuccessfully again for the 5th time, 5 weeks in a row, last weekend, which is a good thing because if they were to be successful and I got wrigglers I would be in trouble! They will remain there until I get back from my honeymoon.

So now I am fishless cept for Jenny's 2 gold fish Bobby (black Moore) and Yoshi (gold fantail) who will be moving with us to the new palce. It feels funny as I have a compulsion to feed my fish and change water although they are not there! then again I have been doing this day in day out for the past 6 months+ so I don't blame me ;D

Jenny and I decided not to go to Thailand because of the Bali incident, sounds strange but the Australian Dep of Foreign Affairs has been warning about Phuket since Bali and we just don't want the hassle/worry. Instead we are driving around New Zealand (where Lord of the Rings was shot). Apparently it is REALLY beautiful, closer to home and politically not powerful enough to be a threat! . I also decided not to buy a digital camera and get back seriously into photography again (was out for about 3-4 years now) and bought an EOS30 film SLR instead which takes really good photos (apparently! I have only had time to take 1 or 2 photos from the thing). I will be taking lots of photos of NZ! (purchased 20 x 36 rolls of pro film already hehehe)

So I am not sure if I will have internet connection at the new flat, the wedding is on the 30th so my last day at work is about 1 week before that leaving me about 10 days to say to all of you:

Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and I will hopefully talk/see you all bright and cheery next year. I hope your families have a joyous, warm, safe Christmas and are blessed with only the best. I Hope your fish do well also and we will chat more then!

I know it’s a bit early but I wanted to make sure you guys get the message!

Specifics:
Don: Merry Christmas to you and you family mate!. Take special care over the holidays and I will chat with you again then
Carol, April, Al, Beth, John, Ryan, Ardan and whoever else I’ve missed have a wonderful holiday season!
Pascale: Maaaaate I owe you BIG time baby! Talk to you soon!
Carey: All the best with the new baby and Merry Xmas!

Cheerio, stay safe and all the best!
Chong :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

April
11-13-2002, 01:56 AM
chong...we will miss you. but remember.we want pics ofthe wedding and the honeymoon!
stop in if you do find internet access and let us know howit goes.
take care. and have a great time.

nalah
11-13-2002, 02:50 AM
Hi bud
i know how much you were looking forward to your thailand trip... check out all the fishies,etc. but you made the right decision.
and NZ is spectacular..... there are a couple of discus breeders over there you know...LOL. ooops,shouldnt have told you.jenny will kill me....

your kids are well...actually,more than kids now...both have grown. they are going thru that "teenage" period...little buggars..LOL.

you better call me before you take off.
cya
p

Carol_Roberts
11-13-2002, 03:01 AM
Hi chong:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and honeymoon. Enjoy this time fixing up your new home with your soon to be bride. We'll all be here waiting for you when you're an old married couple. ;)

Carol :heart1:

Rod
11-13-2002, 06:23 AM
Hi Chong,

Well here's wishing you and your bride all the best for your marriage. :love:

And if we don't see you before christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS :antlers: :angel: :santa: :sun: :fish:

DarkDiscus
11-13-2002, 11:24 AM
CHong,

Congratulations and good luck! Get some pics of the Lord of the Rings set for me!! Plus we want to see wedding pics as well!

Your fish and the site will be there when you return!

All the best!

John

mench
11-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Chong,congrats to you and the new bride,treat her well and in return you will have many,many years of happiness.My "bride "and I are working on 33 yrs.If the rest of NZ is anything like the movie it will be wonderful.Take lots of pics for us stateside people who may never get to see such sights.We are all looking forward to hearing from you next year when you get all settled in.

Happy Holidays and Happy Wedding

Mench,and the "bride"

nalah
11-13-2002, 04:20 PM
CHong,

Your fish ..... will be there when you return!

All the best!

John

LOL. well i certainly hope so

brewmaster15
11-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Chong,
I am very Happy for you and your bride...Jenny !. I wish you the happiest times ever only to be exceeded by the times to come.

Take care,
and take pictures.... lots!!!

We'll be here when you get back! :)
-al

Don_Lee
11-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Chong,

I am sad to see you go, even for awhile, but happy to see that you have so much to look forward to in your life. You are a great guy, you will be missed. Good luck on your wedding, and have a great year. Until we meet again....

Don ;D :'( :wave:

Gizmo
11-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Good Luck and all the Best Mate! :D

Cheerio Kos

Rikk
11-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Have a nice day and lots of luck

A nice christmas and new years
And of course a lot of youngsters for you, your fish and your wife !!!!!!!!!!!!

greetings

Rik

BlueTurquoise
11-13-2002, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys! :'( :D :'( :-[

Thanks Rod! The same to you my friend! I knew i forgot some people! Mench same to you and your wife and family!

I sincerely hope this Christmas is a "quiet" for everyone if you know what I mean, touch wood.

I will be taking more than enough photos of both Middle Earth, I mean New Zealand as well as my wedding day! (I got a friend who is a pro wedding photographer and I purchased all his film for him, total at the moment 20 x36 rolls of colour, 10 rolls of medium format colour, 3 rolls of medium format B&W, 3 Rolls of 35mm B&W and I am giving my camera to my sister on the day to get snap happy! hehe so i calculate that wil be 1000 pro pics alone! muahaha) Not to mention the 20 rolls i am taking to NZ... best part, mum is paying for all of it hehehe! (she owns a photo shop remember?)

Thanks Pascale! I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really REALLY Appreciate it mate! I so owe you big time! (sorry but that is how i feel!)

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Chong

BlueTurquoise
11-13-2002, 06:51 PM
No Rik not youngsters, don't say that! I don't want youngsters! lol. Young fish yeah ok... but no surprises for me thanks! LOL :blushing: :funny:

Chong

Rikk
11-13-2002, 07:09 PM
that luck can come sooner as you think

but trying is still the best part
good luck