PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE USING NATUROSE ASTAXANTHAN POWDER TO ENHANCE RED DISCUS

samcatj
11-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Any information on how to use and the results of a powder called Naturose Astaxanthan to enhance the red color in discus would be very helpful.
Also any other color enhancers that have worked or not worked for you I would be interested in knowing about.
Thanks for your time.

samcatj

paul_burney
11-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Hi Samcatj
I use ( Naturose Astaxanthan ) in my beefheart mix here that i make myself i use 1oz. of it to 5lbs of beefheart i think it brings out the color of my red fish more at least to me and a fellow Discus keeper it does. I have been useing it for 6 months now i also use a spice called paprika as a color enhancer (dont know if it helps but it dont hurt) the fish eat it . Hope this helps you out some.
Paul

11-14-2002, 05:54 PM
paul,
are you the one that posted the pics of before and after using that stuff? If you did, i'd be interested to see them again along with how they look now.
thanks,
brad

paul_burney
11-15-2002, 03:41 AM
Hi BradNC
Nope it wasnt me that posted the before and after but i can tell ya there is a difference in the redness of the fish from using Nutrarose.
Paul

cobalt
11-17-2002, 02:10 AM
Hi
I use the stuff
at 2 gr per kilo i got almost no effect after a month.
On a diffrent group I used 4 gr per kilo and got some redning
I also like sweet paprica ansd oats (for red and green)
Cobalt

11-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Paul: Did you put 1oz/5lb. that's a lot. the ratio suppose to be 1:500. about 1 teaspoon : 5 lbs of BH. they're expensive.
Cabalt: It should work for you if you add some spirulina(sp) powder that will increase the amino acid content which will also boost the immune system, able to utilize the available nutrients to grow and increase egg production. Usually will color up quite nicely with the help of Naturose and paprika if they're stronger and healthier. Nothing will work if they're not healthy. Survival is more than an issue than color.HTH
Jimmy.

paul_burney
11-17-2002, 11:29 AM
Jimmy i buy the sampler pack from Jemcho and use itall in my mix i thought it was a ounce maybe not.
Paul

DHDiscusMan
11-19-2002, 12:54 PM
I haven't tried using this but the Jehmco website says...

Add to prepared foods or your own custom home made feeds at the rate of 1/3 to 1 percent by weight (~ 1 tsp per pound of food).

I am thinking about buying some but haven't really decided yet.

Anyone have before and after pics to show results?

Thanks.

Dan