PDA

View Full Version : I was talking to my girlfriend the other day

dm
11-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Girlfriend: How are the fishy people today? (that's what she calls you)

Dale: Good, they made me a moderator. Now I will be spending more time here.

Girlfriend: *rolling eyes* I really like the fish but what could possibly be that interesting about it to spend that much time researching it:

Dale: Check this out... i showed her this post http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=4294 (cheating on my wife post)

Girlfriend: Read it, looked up at me and said "oh my god" with a blank look on her face.

Dale: *Shrugged*

She still doesn't get it but that should keep her from asking too many questions. ;D

DarkDiscus
11-18-2002, 11:06 AM
Dale,

Does that mean you get to get another tank and she won't bother you about it?

;D

John

dm
11-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Well John, I promised her I would not have more than three tanks and that is what we have now....BUT.... I talked to her last week about replacing the 29 gallon with, say, a 125 gallon and she went for it!! :o Now all I have to do is come up with the money and figure out how to supercharge my RO unit. ;D

EthanCote.com
11-18-2002, 08:14 PM
The only thing I can add is, DO IT QUICKLY before she changes her mind ;D

Rob a bank if ya have to... ;)

Cheers,

Chi.

Steve_Warner
11-21-2002, 02:32 AM
Hi all,
Dale, that's too funny, 'cause my wife said the same thing to me about becoming a mod!

Steve

ChloroPhil
12-03-2002, 02:11 PM
LOL! Just think what it would be like if this were how you brought home the $$$?

My fiancee and I are looking at houses that have basements just so I can set up my fishroom/plant nursery. I still don't think she quite understands though....it'll be interesting to see how everything works out when the time comes.

12-03-2002, 06:19 PM
Bio,

Start a small orchid collection. Assured love at first site by your future bride. :o

I just revamped 1/2 my basement for my orchid nursery. Sprinkler system and all. Was quite the project, but really love it. Once the Discus start spawning again :P, I plan to continue the 2nd half (fishroom fishroom... yeah!) :thumbsup:.....

Julz

DarkDiscus
12-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Julz,

So do you use the wastewater from your fish as fertilizer for the orchids? One would think these hobbies go hand in hand!

John

12-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Yes John, infact I do. :)

I plan on taking a picture once it is all complete. I have been using fish waste for the orchids for over a year now. They do quite nicely with it. Just decided to rethink my contraption downstairs, to make things much more convenient. :P

Julz

dm
12-04-2002, 06:47 PM
I put my old fish water in all my house plants and they alll seem to do well. Might as well recycle right?

DarkDiscus
12-05-2002, 11:20 AM
I grew the HUGEST beefsteak tomatoes using no fertilized other than fish water a few years back. When I have a fishroom I plan on setting things up so I can run a hose to my garden and get similar growth, that's for certain. Like Dale said, if you've got the water, you should use it!

John

12-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Amen to that... :)

I have a 3rd reserve tank that my "Vac-only" Python is routed too. Then it is pumped out to a make-shift sprinkler system that is on a digital timer. Just love it. :thumbsup: