PDA

View Full Version : Rams and discus living together - oh! my!

roger
11-18-2002, 12:57 AM
For those of you that are trying to figure out if rams and discus can live together. Heres a little snapshot that I took while out looking for some tank mates for my discus.

Before I forget the discus are about the size of a quarter give or take a very little bit.

11-18-2002, 01:53 AM
HI ROGER,
I KEEP THEM WITH ADULT DISCUS.

BUT WHEN THE RAMS PAIR OFF AND SPAWN THEY WILL GET VERY MEAN KEEP YOU EYES PEELED

HTH
TAKECARE'
CARY GLD!

roger
11-18-2002, 08:37 AM
These I took when I visited someone elses fishroom.

You would probably die if you saw the mix I got a look at. Though everyone in there looked healthy and happy. I will be posting all the pix up on my website.

I picked up a few rams and some of those small discus along with some pencil fish and apisto. cacatuoides to go into the 55 gall with the big boys.

I havent figured out yet what Im going to do with the small discus. I think they are to small to go into a tank with 4" discus.

SoloDiscus
11-18-2002, 09:59 AM
I recently moved my 3 rams (1 male, 2 females) from a 20L in with my 7" Discus in a 75g and things seem great. The Rams have produced 2 batches of eggs so far---but their fairly young so none have hatched but all seems well!!