PDA

View Full Version : Can You Strut The Catwalk?

11-18-2002, 03:15 AM
I've never been to a discus show before so I decided to use my pc to view some of the price winning discus pictures of different show. Wow! they are very nice. But then I turned my head to look at my poor fish and I am amazed and will boldly say that some of my fish can give these champions a challenge. Not only do I think my fish are fair competition, but I also believe that most of the picture of fish posted by our members can "Kick Some ***" too.

How do you rank your fish?
I dare you! >:( >:( >:(

dm
11-18-2002, 08:41 AM
I look at these things sometimes too but to be honest It is very hard to distinguish what the judges are looking for in a Discus. I think it needs a highly trained eye (that I don't have yet) and a lot of experience to tell the difference between a great fish and a champion. All I know is what looks good to me but I'm sure as time goes on and I learn more that will change.

11-18-2002, 01:09 PM
DM,
I am sure your view/taste for discus will change as mine had daily.
What to look for in a winning discus is very easy.
It doesn't take much to judge a winning fish.
I think any fool with a "Full Stomach" can pick out the winning fish.

How strange it is that the winners are usually from the country where the show took place?

Remember Roy Jones Jr olympic bouts?

11-18-2002, 09:02 PM
RH,

HERE ARE SOME THINGS THE JUDGES LOOK AT!

GOOD COLOR FOR THE STRAIN.
NICE ROUND EYES EVEN WITH THE BODY WITH THE PUPIL CENTERED DEAD SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EYE.

NO FLAWS
LIKE SHORT GILL PLATES, COVER SPINES, BODY SHAPE MUST BE VERY ROUND,
THICKNESS OR MASS, GOOD FINAGE NO TEARS RIPS OR OVER GROWTHS.

BUT MOST OF ALL THE DISCUS MUST BE BIG TO WIN 8"+

TAKECARE,
CARY GLD!

keno
11-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Cary, is that with tail or without?
8"

Ken

SLY
11-19-2002, 11:59 AM
should be with tail hehe ;D