PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding my first free swimmers.

Sean
11-18-2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks to all who look and/or help out.

This morning, after about 6 days I had about 20 free swimmers. AS much as my wife and I poked around the parents played it very cool. Never got really stressed at all. Very excited!!

I have been doing about 10% WC a day for throughout the ordeal and feeding the parents typically twice daily with frozen blood worms. Little bit of beefheart, but not much.

Here are my three thousand questions:
1. When can I do a really good water change?
2. When can I start geting back on my regular WC schedule? About 60% daily.
2. The temp. has been about 82-83 degrees, Should I boost it now?
3. If Yes, then to what?
4. Is there any STUFF I should be adding to the water like meds or anything?
5. Assuming the fry make it, when should I pull them from the parents. I know typically it's like two weeks. But from when? two weeks from now, from when they were wigglers?

I think that's all for now. I really appreciated all of your reponces,

Sean.

P.S. Sorry about the long windedness.

Carol_Roberts
11-19-2002, 12:21 AM
Hi Sean:
1. When can I do a really good water change? better 2 15% wc per day
2. When can I start geting back on my regular WC schedule? About 60% daily. I'd wait until 3 weeks from free swimming
2. The temp. has been about 82-83 degrees, Should I boost it now?OK, but not much
3. If Yes, then to what?85
4. Is there any STUFF I should be adding to the water like meds or anything?nope
5. Assuming the fry make it, when should I pull them from the parents. I know typically it's like two weeks. But from when? two weeks from now, from when they were wigglers? I pulled mine 3 weeks from free swimming

Carol :heart1:

Sean
11-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Thank you very much Carol.

The answers provided give me enough confidence to move forward. It's been almost thirty-six hours since free swimming. I've started the BBS culture.

Thanks again,

Sean.