PDA

View Full Version : AUCTION

fcdiscus
11-20-2002, 09:27 PM
Ryan, How is the auction coming along? Frank

karinS
11-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Ryan ,how is the auction doing ??? You all have a nice day karin :sun: :sun: :sun:

Ryan
11-20-2002, 11:04 PM
It's awaiting review from Al. Other than that, the software is ready. The first several auctions will be charity auctions to raise money for Simply and our webserver. People are donating items that they'd like us to auction. Once these auctions are over, we'll be considering opening the auction site to the general public to auction off their own stuff. I know lots of people here have spare equipment and a surplus of fry that they have to get rid of from time to time.

One of the things I am considering, though I have not verified it with Al yet, is that I want to screen every bidder and seller. I don't want the auctions to be ruined by deadbeat bidders and sellers. The software I've got requires valid information from every person who registers, including a phone number, email, and physical address. While this information is not available to the general public, it is kept on file for the admins and may be used to verify each seller/bidder should there be some sort of problem. Deadbeats will be suspended or removed altogether.

We also have to draft up some general auction etiquette guidelines and rules, and then have them approved by the mods. Those are just to help keep things orderly and in line.

Once we have agreed on everything, I'll activate the auction link at the top of the page and e-mail all the members to let them know about our first auction. I'll also be posting a topic here for you all to read.

Don't worry, its coming... :)

Ryan

BLUEKNIGHT
11-20-2002, 11:31 PM
Thanks Ryan. ;D

Al_M.
11-20-2002, 11:36 PM
Sounds great Ryan, I know most of us are ready. ;D

fcdiscus
11-21-2002, 12:15 AM
Great- sounds well thought out and it should be a big plus. Frank ;)

keno
11-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Lets just skip all the formalities and start bidding on Cary's fish! :o :o :o :o :o

Jeff
11-21-2002, 01:03 AM
sounds good ryan. Good job.

RichieE
11-21-2002, 10:28 AM
The effort and thoroughness you guys go through is groundbreaking. Thanks for takeing the time. Rich :thumbsup:

EthanCote.com
11-21-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey Ryan (and mods), thanks for the hard work in getting this thing up and running.

Thumbs up bud. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Chi.

nalah
11-21-2002, 03:21 PM
only one question - will this be open to all ,are just canada and US ???

Ryan
11-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Pascale,

It depends on what the auction is for. We will specify in each auction where the item can be shipped. It's hard for us to ship fish internationally because we're not dealing with large orders and we'd probably have to wade through lots of red tape just to get the one box of fish out, then you have to consider the shipping cost...

There will be other auctions for things besides fish, so just make sure to read the item description. If you ever have any question as to whether or not you'll be able to receive a certain item, you can always ask one of us.

Ryan

nalah
11-21-2002, 07:52 PM
well thats hardly fair...... its ok for you lot to fishnap all our discus... wont mention names..... April & Smokey....LOL

April
11-21-2002, 08:50 PM
LOL Pascale. and if smokey and i and jason have our way.we will fishnap more! even if i have to come and get them!
but...after time goes on.....we may very well have aussie fish auctioning on this auction site...and it will say....can only ship to australia or new zealand..you canucks and mericans need not bid!
I'll work on it for you.!!!! hows that sound?
or....it could say can only ship to australia and vancouver. LOL.

Carol_Roberts
11-21-2002, 09:31 PM
Karl Wu sent us some facinating VCD's from Hong Kong made by Wayne Discus with English subtitles. It's 25 minutes of beautiful discus from laying eggs, hatching brine shrimp, feeding, new colors, etc. I've watched it several times. These can be shipped worldwide!

Carol :heart1: