PDA

View Full Version : My 8wk ABDXRT babies

joanr
11-24-2002, 04:38 PM
Here's an update pic on the fry from the pair from hell. All sixteen are still alive and doing well. I'll have to use flash next time, they are too quick, even with macro mode.

JR

joanr
11-24-2002, 04:41 PM
One more, excuse the blur....

Carol_Roberts
11-24-2002, 05:23 PM
They are doing great!
Carol :heart1:

joanr
11-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Thanks Carol, I took some better shots with the flash on and posted in the photo gallery. I hate to cull any of these, but a few have got to go before vaca in March! Have you culled any yet? Have you found a way to sell any? I hate to sell them to any of the LFS's but I guess I'll have to try.

JR

Carol_Roberts
11-24-2002, 07:59 PM
I gave 12 to the lfs. We'll see if she can sell them before they die amongst the purple gravel serviced by an under gravel filter.

I had one serious call from a guy who had just gotten sick import discus ordered from a wholesaler to a different petshop. I told him to hang on to my number, wait until the ones he had finished dying, throw away his gravel, nuke his filter and I'd give him a cycled sponge when he bought some babies. . . .

I'm raising discus for me. This first batch is a learning experience. I'm growing most of them out to see how they change over time. I plan on keeping only the best. Subsequent spawns I will cull more heavily.

Carol :heart1:

joanr
11-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Ditto here, I'm going to keep as long as possible to learn how they grow from one phase to another. Also to get a better idea of what strains I really enjoy working with most.
No more breeding for awhile! lol

Joan