PDA

View Full Version : After Quarantine, questions

mikeos
11-24-2002, 05:06 PM
I have had my new additions in QT for 6 weeks now & all seems to be well. ;D

1 is this long enough?
2 how do I go about adding my existing stock to the tank?
a, just do it?
b, just add one?
c, if b, how long do I wait before adding more?
3 any other comments, please....

thanks

mike ;D

Carol_Roberts
11-24-2002, 07:25 PM
The safest way is to add your least favorite fish in with the guys in the Qtank for a week or so. I f everybody stays healthy combine. My guess is that after 6 weeks and no problems all will be fine.
CArol :heart1:

11-24-2002, 08:49 PM
I agree with Carol,

What did You treat for?
Did you treat for external Protozoan, bac,?

Did you treat for internal protozoan,Bac,worms, ETC....

cary Gld!

OEG
11-25-2002, 12:26 AM
Cary,
what would you suggest for the QT of the bugs you mentioned. whats your routine, i think we would all benefit from system that works.
Oscar

11-25-2002, 01:42 AM
I'll go off track a bit.
If you add new additions from a different sources, then expect some dormant diseases to show up months after your QT. Some times the new fish is the transmitter and sometimes the resident fish is the transmitter.
I'm not trying to scare you. Just be prepare, OK.

Good Luck.

11-25-2002, 02:21 PM
split your qt fish into two tanks, just in case your present fish have something

mikeos
11-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Treated both for tapeworm & columnaris, may have already fouled up there & cross infected anyway, but I dont think so.

Prefere to observe & treat rather than treat for everything, cheaper that way too. ;D

Will add sunset tiger runt at the weekend, & see what happens......hopefully nothing ;D

thanks for the help

mike

11-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Good Deal Mike,
it will take 3 to 4 days if something were to happen!

fcdiscus
11-27-2002, 01:27 AM
Oscar, I will warn you now- if you ask Cary, he will have you changing tons of water and adding big bucks worth of meds! It will be the hardest 6 weeks of work you ever spend! ;) Frank