PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a great day ... NE Discus Meeting!

JeffreyRichard
11-25-2002, 10:41 AM
I'm starting this tread so this doesn't get lost on the bottom of Brew's thread.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who attended ... what a great time. As I said a few times Saturday, the Web is great for establishing a communication medium, but nothing beats a good ol' fashion get-together with face-to-face conversations on what we all love ... Discus (and angelfish, and bettas, and gouramis, and ...). Let's keep it goin'!!!

Now, all the kudos for this event belong to Al ... he definately went above and beyond the call of duty. What a fabulous place for a meeting ... not sure the next session can live up to this. And the hospitality of Al & Family to share his beautiful house with us for several hours was grand!

The beer & salsa was great (thanks Al for the "care package"). And what a nice operation Al has and was able to share with us. Great fish & other Critters (I especially like the Black Rat Snake).

Still not sure how Al does it ... Breeding Discus, raising snakes & an Iguana, Cats, Kids, and BEER! Now top that off with the best web site out there ...

A congrats on the angels ... now you have something else to occupy your time!

Thanks again
Jeff Richard

brewmaster15
11-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Still not sure how Al does it ... Breeding Discus, raising snakes & an Iguana, Cats, Kids, and BEER!

thats easy....understanding wife, lots of coffee, an little sleep! :)

Now top that off with the best web site out there ...

...thats easy too...best group of mods and members out there making it the best site! ;D

Thanks again Jeff, it was a great meeting and I hope the beginning of much greater ones.

Take care,
al

ps... I've been trying to talk Carrie into letting me put a tank in the bathroom now for 2 years....its always been decreed the only tank free room in the house....You know she actually wants me to find one that will fit the bathroom now.... so we can move those baby angels upstairs! LOL :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::)