PDA

View Full Version : eating ice cream

Denny
11-26-2002, 12:57 AM
when eating ice cream, why is it a mandatory requirement to fold the full flap in first? it would be so much easier if you folded in the one with the cutout first.

this has always bugged me and i will never be able to completely enjoy the experience until i know the whole story

denny

Carol_Roberts
11-26-2002, 01:56 AM
What flap?
Carol :heart1:

11-26-2002, 02:24 AM
I honestly think Denny has lost it....! ;) and really think you have too much time on your hands, young man!!!.... ;D ;D ;D

Hey Denny.... GDAWC...... and then open the icescream box and commense!!!. Thats what us women do.... ;) Enjoy... my friend...

Hey how them babies doin anyway?

April
11-26-2002, 06:03 AM
Carol.....you either havent eaten enough icecream....or....your eating too much and buying it by the bucket instead of the box!!!! LOL. the end of the box.'
i think its so they can stuff it all in there nice and flat...and not ooze out the half flap .
whatever........lol Denny. yah...gdawc. then get a bucket of ice cream so it doesnt bother you quite so much. ;D

DarkDiscus
11-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Ice cream in a box? I know the ones I've bought you rip the perforated area and lift the lid. No pre folding required...

This is such a bizarre topic...

I like it!

John

fcdiscus
11-26-2002, 01:30 PM
I saw this new thing from Black and Decker that makes your ice cream soft like Carvel. OOOOOHHHH- gotta get one! Frank :D

11-26-2002, 03:33 PM
For easy scooping Frank...?
If so I want one too. :bounce:
My sherbert is a bear to get out! I have to run the spoon under hot water before each shcoop.... >:(

EthanCote.com
11-26-2002, 03:45 PM
Not quite sure what Denny is talking about either, since I buy my ice cream in a container that has a top to it. I'll take a look at the ice-cream section more closely next time I go shopping. ;D

But what I'm sure of is getting a nice taste of cherry cheesecake ice-cream or peanut butter ice-cream or cake and dough ice-cream in me mouth or just your plain ole vanilla ice-cream with some nice hot apple pie...yummmie.

If you haven't already clue in, the only thing I like more than Discus is great ice-cream.

Cheers,

Chi.

DarkDiscus
11-26-2002, 03:56 PM
Chi,

Actually better than great ice cream is Jerry Baer's Italian Ices. They are UNBELIEVABLE. The flavors are perfect and incredibly brilliant.

I ate 3 of them.

John

EthanCote.com
11-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey John,

Jerry Baer's Italian Ices?? Never heard of them. I'll look around and see if they have them here in Canada.

Is that flavour ice?? And are you suppose to use it in coffee or something?

Thanx. Now u got me all curious. I love me ice-cream, but sumthing better than ice-cream?????? ??? Is that possible?

Cheers,

Chi.

DarkDiscus
11-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Chi,

You won't find them for retail sale. One of our members, Yogi, aka Jerry Baer, owns several local italian ice shoppes in Florida. I believe he does commercial sales...

Anyway, Jerry is the Italian Ice king!

My wife gives them a 10 plus on a scale of 1-10! And she has a very particular palette.

John

fcdiscus
11-26-2002, 05:29 PM
Jeez, now what kind of Italian name is Jerry Baer for an Italian ice! Where can I find some? Frank ;)

EthanCote.com
11-26-2002, 05:47 PM
Apparently Frank, it appears we have to head on over to John's home to try it.

So meet you there this Wednesday? ;D

Cheers,

Chi.

fcdiscus
11-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Get out the bowls John, here we come! ;D

Ryan
11-26-2002, 08:31 PM
I know what DJ is talking about :) Some boxes of ice cream don't have a perforated top "lid", you have to actually unfold the end of the box and scoop it out that way. And like April mentioned, there are two different shaped flaps... you fold the flat ones down first to hold in the ice cream so it does not ooze out of the box (in case it got all melty), then you fold the "locking" flaps over that one to hold the flat ones in place.

Ryan ;D

Denny
11-26-2002, 08:48 PM
hey guys and gals-

i have seen less runaround from a question on carbos and beefheart. >:( LOL

now- CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A GOOD REASON FOR FOLDING IN THE FULL FLAP FIRST? IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!

I AM LEAVING TOMORROW FOR ASHLAND, WISCONSIN TO SPEND A WEEKEND WITH THE MOTHER IN LAW.YOUR HOMEWORK IS TO GO OUT AND BUY A QUART CARTON OF ICE CREAM-ANY KIND AND REPORT BACK TO ME YOUR FINDINGS

oops, i think i went to the bahamas for a second.

i hope everyone has a safe and relaxing thanksgiving. at least as relaxed as you can get knowing big brother is watching

aw crap, there i go again

happy thanksgiving, i have to go do some water changes now.

denny

Denny
11-26-2002, 08:51 PM
is that the reason, ryan? if so i think i will take the risk and fold in the other one first until something bad happens.

now i am off to tear all of the tags off our matresses

denny

fcdiscus
11-26-2002, 09:02 PM
In the freezer. you want as little air as possible to hit the ice cream! Folding the big flap gives the ice cream better protection from freezer burn. Any more questions! 8) Frank

EthanCote.com
11-26-2002, 10:43 PM
I c that we have an ice-cream Connoisseur among us. ;D

So Frank how long have u making and packing yer ice-cream Frank? ;)

Cheers,

Chi.

fcdiscus
11-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Hey Chi- Been eatin' it a long long time! :D Frank

11-27-2002, 02:38 AM
Denny...

You satisfied yet? :-\ hee hee I think you started something...... ;)

Personally I think Frank hit it on the nail..... :P :smash:

11-27-2002, 02:44 AM
Shoot didn't see you Ryan on page 1....

Denny Dear...
now you even attracted God, and got his explanation !!
Heck he even made the darn box...... lol ;D ;D ;D

April
11-27-2002, 04:03 AM
yeah...guess listen to God. lol. and..air = lousy taste absorbing into your icecream. who on earth wants fish tasting icecream from hanging out with a dead trout? LOL. full flap first...for a good seal. and nice flat top.

alisonty
11-28-2002, 01:57 AM
the reason why you have the big flap covering the ice cream is so it will keep the air out. if you had a freezer that is below -20 F degrees then you can expose teh ice cream direcltly to the oxygen. because our freezer is not THAT cold, it'll carry smelling particals and deposit it in the ice cream (ice cream is partly made up of air--> expands when frozen, condensed when liquid).

for example, have you ever bought an ice cream cake from an ice cream store and leave teh leftovers in the freezer (i am assuming that there are some leftovers). if you wait a couple of days (assuming you didn't dig in) you can taste the difference. but if you leave if unattended in a freezer below -20F it will taste the same.

ali

alisonty
11-28-2002, 01:57 AM
the reason why you have the big flap covering the ice cream is so it will keep the air out. if you had a freezer that is below -20 F degrees then you can expose teh ice cream direcltly to the oxygen. because our freezer is not THAT cold, it'll carry smelling particals and deposit it in the ice cream (ice cream is partly made up of air--> expands when frozen, condensed when liquid).

for example, have you ever bought an ice cream cake from an ice cream store and leave teh leftovers in the freezer (i am assuming that there are some leftovers). if you wait a couple of days (assuming you didn't dig in) you can taste the difference. but if you leave if unattended in a freezer below -20F it will taste the same. does that kinda make sense?

ali

Ivan
11-28-2002, 08:36 AM
I have come to the conclusion that most people on this board are quite crazy! AAAAAHHHH There is no place like home.

11-28-2002, 12:40 PM
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

EthanCote.com
11-28-2002, 03:20 PM
Holy crap,

Who would think a topic on ice-cream can get so many postings hehe ;D

Denny looks what you have created. ;D

And wow Ali, thanks for the lesson on freezer burn and badly taste ice-cream if left expose in a freezer ;)

I still have to go to my local grocer and find out about what that flap thing is all about...

Cheers,

Chi.

hmmm time for some cheesecake ice cream...yummie.

fcdiscus
11-28-2002, 06:17 PM
I got some chocolate Hagen Dasz for on top of my Apple Pie for dessert! I love Thanksgiving! Frank :lickin:

EthanCote.com
11-28-2002, 06:35 PM
haha, they are the best arent they?

But i still perfer a nice french vanilla over me warm apple pie anyday.

:lickin: :lickin: :lickin:

Cheers,

Chi.

11-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Chi...

Is this the one you are looking for?

Apple Pie and French Vanilla Icescream..... Just finished mine. Puree Style..
Happy Thanksgiving
:lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin: :lickin:

(click "Get More" 19th Smilie down on the left)

EthanCote.com
11-29-2002, 12:11 AM
Doh,

I have some nice vanilla in the freezer but no warm apple pie :(

Perhaps I'll treat myself this weekend to one ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,

Chi.

PS: Next time Julz, please share. Beside weren't u just at the dentist? hmm perhaps I should give him a call ;)

April
11-29-2002, 04:09 AM
Julz...im pretty sure thats meant to be pumpkin pies you eat for thanksgiving. now...start over!!

peety
11-29-2002, 04:39 AM
Ok I'm not an ice cream fan .... :P but same issue with boxes of biscuits...

They always say open other end no matter what end ya go for and then when i have both ends open they both look the same to me ???

Riddle me that one my friend ;)