PDA

View Full Version : multiple pairs in comm. tank

limige
12-01-2002, 09:41 PM
i have a male that has paired with two different females, the first one he paired with i seperated after about 6 months of unfertized spawns and he paired with another. so it's been suggested that i should put all of them back together since none have been successful but it seems whenever there's a pair in my community tank they stress out the other fish, even in my 190.

so i have two active females and one male that likes them both. this male is also real aggressive toward my other fish, especially my BD which i'm pretty sure is also a male.

so, since i have two active females, should i put two breeding cones in the tank or let them try to share one?

any other suggestions?

DarkDiscus
12-03-2002, 02:32 PM
limige,

I would suggest several cones to give the fish options of taking up different territiories. This might save them a lot of stress and wear and tear.

John

limige
12-03-2002, 07:57 PM
ok, that will help between pairs but don't the pairs stress out the tank mates? if i have a pair at each end of the tank what territory do the other fish use? seems where ever they swim they will be chased away right? do i just have an overly aggresive male here or are all pairs this territorial?