PDA

View Full Version : Why my fish does not eat?

gary
12-01-2002, 10:48 PM
I bought four discuses on Monday 11/25. Three of them ate from day one. But one of the 6” Turqoise never ate anything. I found it had pooped normally after I put it into my tank. The seller said he fed them frozen blood worms, some dry food and a little beef heart, and that fish ate like a pig. I have tried all of those foods, however it ate none. Do you know how long it will take for it to start eating? :-\ :-\ :-\

Denny
12-01-2002, 11:00 PM
if they are healthy there is no reason for them to not eat right away. give us some ideas of their environment like number of fish, tank size, lighting, temp, water change schedule, tank decorations... and then we can start to zero in on the cause.

denny

discuslover87
12-02-2002, 01:26 AM
I don't know why, but I heard that discus can be really shy when first put into a tank, and will take as long as several months to stop hiding. I guess that this means that they will eat only reluctantly. Good luck with your discus!

Denny
12-02-2002, 01:44 AM
if they are healthy upon arrival and if you give them a comfortable home they should have no transfer hangover.if they are tranquilized for transport they will take longer to readjust.

denny

12-02-2002, 02:37 AM
WHAT IS YOUR TEMP AND TANK SIZE?

ALSO DISCUS SIZE AND PARMETERS?

THANKS
CARY gld!