PDA

View Full Version : Any one have discus for sale in Wisconsin?

kliff
12-02-2002, 01:36 AM
I live near waukesha wisconsin (wales to be exact) and I have been researching discus alot, wondering if theres anyone local who breeds them, those shipping charges realy kick you in the nads!

BTW if anyones around me, i work at Aquatic World in Occonomoc, so stop in!

Barb Newell
12-02-2002, 01:39 AM
HI KLIFF, WELCOME TO THE BOARD :)

BARB

kliff
12-02-2002, 01:50 AM
why thank you, quite freindly people 'round here

fcdiscus
12-02-2002, 01:55 AM
Up yours Kliff! OOps- Just kidding- welcome! Frank ;D

kliff
12-02-2002, 01:57 AM
LOL you crazy people, just like me,

I dont think sane people have fish like us, sane people suck ........ right?

fcdiscus
12-02-2002, 02:34 AM
:crazy:Well- Uh, maybe! Oh, Matt Parsons is in the Green Bay area. He has cut back some but may have something available!- mparsons is his simply screen name. Frank 8)

RAWesolowski
12-02-2002, 11:17 AM
Kliff,

Matt's website is www.fullmoondiscus.com. He is a hobbyist who does some breeding and a very good person. I have a couple of his fish and they look terrific.

Go to the picture portion of this board and you can find a post by Gipper with some great pictures of Matt's fish.

Aquarius
12-02-2002, 12:37 PM
Hi Kliff, I could help ya out with a few Discus, though I live in northern Wisconsin. I'd think that Matt would be much closer, or you could try the Twin Cities area. Quite a few from that area on the board as well..

-steve

redlines
12-02-2002, 07:21 PM
Kliff,

Where you the one who put all those aquariums into my car???

Seriously, I purchased 5 tanks from your store between summer & fall.

Unless I get another tank or 2 really soon I am going to have to part with a few very nice Discus that I got from A Discus Dream & Great Lakes Discus.

Check your Simply email & give me a call.

Andy

Andy

Denny
12-03-2002, 12:34 AM
kliff

try paul methven at st croix discus hatchery in forest lake, mn. a northern twin cities suburb. he breeds and sells deveral varieties of discus.i have met him and he is a good guy.

(612)433 -2689

http://www.stcroixdiscus.com
andy- i have empty tanks if you need to clear up space;D

denny

kliff
12-03-2002, 02:01 AM
- matt parsons out of green bay only has pigeon bloods left, im not realy looking to get any of those, although he did give me pics and good prices, they look nice for being pigeon bloods

Northern wisconsin isnt bad, depends where at. i visit crivitz area often, and the crandon area occasionally

-redlines, i dont think so, the only guy i remember who bought a few tanks for discus was in way southern wisconsin, farther from you i think, i talked to him briefly, he said he didnt have a website up yet for discus. plus ive only been working there for just over a month, (yet i got a raise allready)

im still looking around , gonna see all my options, since its Xmas time and my birthday's the 17th..... i turn 20, i realy shouldnt be buying more fish ....... but what the heck

kliff
12-06-2002, 12:32 AM
any one else? what about the guy who emailed me that lived north of lake geneva? i lost your email's...... im still VERY interested, as is my freind,

same goes for anyone in the state, or even Chicago, me and a co-worker are looking to get around 5-6 disucs, each, so yes, a total of 12 probably, all around 2-3 inch size to rais and possibly breed.

Me and him work at Aquatic world in occonomoc, if anyone wants to stop in this weekend on saturday or tomorow

Cormorant
12-06-2002, 02:40 AM
Hi Kliff,
I have about 40 1.5-2in Red Snakeskin X Leopard. If you want to take a look at them you are welcome to stop by.
I'm about 30 min. north of Chicago. Send me an IM if you are interested.
Albert

RAWesolowski
12-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Kliff,

You may also want to check this thread:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=2714

The discus shop is slightly southwest of Chicago, an easy drive, just off of 2-94. Great selection of Great Lakes Discus and Watley Discus.

Animal Adventure in Southridge Plaza in Greendale has some of Matt Parsons' fish including his blues.

12-12-2002, 12:14 AM
I have about 25 Half dollar sized Pigeon fry and a few older Alencer X Gold cross available. I also have a breeding pair of Pigeons (Russ Franklin) and a breeding pair of Alencers (Mike Wells) for sale. I am located in Appleton, WI...about 20 mins away from Green Bay. Please contact me if your interested.

Derrick
Goldbe8066@aol.com