PDA

View Full Version : PB fry to parents sides

Discus_KC
12-02-2002, 11:01 AM
This is exciting just to be posting in the breeding section of the forum. Call it a major accomplishment for me ;D ;D ;D. No, I am not calling myself a breeder.

I was able to get my Blue Diamond fry to the parents and they are doing just great. But with my PB pair, it is a different story. I was told that PB fry have a tougher time getting to the parents. Now I am seeing that in person. I have lowered the water, using low light (Ambient), covered the sponge filter with white Panty hose and still the fry just swim around looking.

How long does a fry have before it depletes the nutrition form its egg sac? BBS is a bit premature at this point, but can anything else be added? Some have made it to the parents successfully so far but the majority are at the sides of the tank.

It is truly a great day, even with a dilema !!!!!!!!!

Jack

April
12-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Hi Jack!! i saw you said you posted. I remember Mike saying he covers most the tank with his pigeons with paper. three sides...so they can see them better. and turn off the filter for a bit so only movement from the parents not the filter . they look for movement.
ok....im just repeating what ive read. but try it. ;D

limige
12-03-2002, 07:58 PM
any luck? how'd things turn out?

April
12-03-2002, 11:07 PM
yeah....Jack....well????? toe tapping here....
forgot to ask you this morning. now i gotta wait till tomorrow morning.

Discus_KC
12-04-2002, 07:06 PM
April,

Your toe tapping needs to be taps.

Let's see what happens next time :-[ :-[

We tried but not in the cards this time.

Jack

Pick
12-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Jack,

I had a PB pair that had free swimmers four times. Like others said. Little water movement. White on three sides. Water level down to top of dorsals. Removed sponge for a day. No luck. The female succumbed to a supposed virus and now the male has been named Sargeant Pepper (leader of the Lonely Hearts :'( )

To answer your question, the fry will live ~4 days free swimming without food.

On the other hand, I have a Red Turq male and PB female pair that their 2nd spawn fry went to the RT and the next day they started feeding from the PB and would switch back and forth normally. Go figure.

They have about 75 wigglers moved to the sponge filter right now.

TC