PDA

View Full Version : DECEMBER SPOTLIGHT NOMINATIONS

DarkDiscus
12-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Okay everyone, who do we want to learn about for the holiday discus season? Please start the nominations now.

John

Liz_Streithorst
12-02-2002, 03:03 PM
I nominate Joe because I'd like to hear about Deuzenberg (sp?) and because I got my most nearly perfect discus from him.

Liz

12-02-2002, 03:12 PM
JimmyL
Zoids
Rod Lewis

12-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Lets get Willie back on the list....

Surfghost63
12-02-2002, 04:32 PM
Hi guys !

This time I would like to know about Per, I'm sure that behind those great pics is a great guy with a lot to say about fish and Norway ;)

Take Care,

Bill :guitarist:

fcdiscus
12-02-2002, 05:42 PM
I still want to hear about Jimmy L, but for some reason, I think Carol Roberts would be a perfect Holiday Season Choice! Frank :D

Chad
12-02-2002, 06:05 PM
I would vote Carol as well!!

Chad :)

Tad
12-02-2002, 06:09 PM
I vote for either Carol or JimmyL both would provide a great informative interview.

Tad

Denny
12-02-2002, 06:20 PM
i am sticking with willie until he gets in, and carol would also be great

denny

TheDiscusKid
12-02-2002, 06:27 PM
I nominate Tyler. He's a young hobbyist who's doing so great with the fish he's got. 13 year old breeding discus, look at that :)

RandalB
12-02-2002, 06:59 PM
I vote for Carol

cgrim10
12-02-2002, 07:05 PM
i'd have to go with jimmyL. he seems to have quite alot of knowledge, and doesn't mind sharing it. sort of a "recentley tapped source" of things i'd like to know.
you know, if the internet hadn't come along, many of us would still be trying to breed discus. secrets would have died with oldtimers or be given to their "deciples". now, it is nearing commonplace.
thanks microsoft.

cg

12-02-2002, 07:21 PM
Thanks for nominating me. I'm honored. I'm not ready for it. Just wait till I master the art of breeding wild Heckels. It has to be a female to brighten up the Christmas sprit. It has to be Carol, Beth or Joan. Can I nominating all three of them. If I have to choose just one,. it has to be Carol.
Jimmy.

Dennis_Hardenburge
12-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Jimmy L
Rod Lewis

Criag you are so right the information is just terrific today.
In the sixties I struggled for a long time with a lot of failures and several years before I had a sucessful spawn. Those that new any thing wouldn't give out any information.
Now it's all here with many people willing to help another hobbiest.
Dennis

12-02-2002, 07:34 PM
My votes for Willie!!!!!! ;D

12-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Jimmy L

April
12-02-2002, 08:40 PM
ok darkdiscus....start your poll.
i say weezy with all those new fishie fry she has.
i think it should be a regular member not a bigtime breeder or mod. they get enough responses and are already well known.
we need to get to know some of our dedicated members. so...that rules our julz. carol...and joe...and...whoever else we all know so well already. lets find some from another continent or a new very dedicated up and coming member. and we;ve had all guys...so that makes my choice weezy!!
go weezy go!

12-02-2002, 10:09 PM
It should be the ladies turn.
Carol or April

Miles :)

darcy
12-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Well let see now..... I would like to see JimmyL but I'm already tapping into his experience(which seems to be a ton!!)
So I guess my vote will be for Carol.
Darcy

Carol_Roberts
12-02-2002, 10:37 PM
I agree with April. You folks must know me better than your own grandma. Who else has posted pictures of their bathroom (full of fish tanks) and the inside of the fridge (full of blackworms, lol).

You've all seen my discus and my water storage system. I have nothing new to show you or talk about right now.

We've had several good names put forward . . . .

Carol :heart1:

April
12-02-2002, 10:39 PM
not April....as im a mod and everyone sees me plenty
and i have no story. the most uneventful life of anyone.
nothing to tell. just a newbie with a few fish. no success...nothing. so forget it. lol.
its all a facade. their actually guppies i own....with a bit of ballooning. i used helium. they deflate soon after the pics.
as you will notice....their all guppy colours. snakeskin....cobras...reds....

April
12-02-2002, 10:41 PM
yes..as much as we all want carol cause we all love her...shes right.
we are heard from plenty. we need an unknown . who would like to be known better and be a part of our big discus family.
so....my vote is for weezy!!

Tim_Ellis
12-02-2002, 11:11 PM
JimmyL or Zoids/Roy

DREW
12-03-2002, 12:03 AM
Roy or Carol. I am curious what Carol does with all her fry,

Drew

Carol_Roberts
12-03-2002, 12:30 AM
Carol is curious about what she will do with all of her fry too. Lol,
Carol :heart1:

brewmaster15
12-03-2002, 01:20 AM
Hi all,
All of these nominations are great, and I'd love to learn more about all of them! Honestly though some of us have posted so much on this board and others , and have become such good friends that we know so much already about many of these excellent nominations.....

I agree with our Moderators here, I'd really like to have spotlight shine on some of newer members and new Discus nuts too... I know Ryan feels this way too. I want to know what got these people hooked, and how long they were hooked, what other hobbies,job, family etc.

With that in mind my nominations for DEC are...

Weezy (Spluweze),
Darcy
Lester

-al

ps... looking ahead to January, I think the spotlight may be a surprise......we'll work out the details and let you know ;) :)

April
12-03-2002, 01:23 AM
cool. sure...keep us in suspense.
at least leak it out to us mods......will yah brew? lol.

Lynn
12-03-2002, 01:58 AM
Willie,Dottie(korbi doc),Joan,Frank(fcdiscus)

Any of those good people... I'd love to hear their story!

Aquatic_Design
12-03-2002, 08:53 AM
I vote for Frank (fcdiscus)

Donna :)

12-03-2002, 09:06 AM
Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie, Weezy, Willie,

Hey I've got the Willie's and the Weezy's...... :P

(Julz wipes her forhead. *whew...., and sneaks out quietly)

rsawest
12-03-2002, 10:42 AM
Willie Weezy Willie Weezy

I'm a copy cat, Julz!

12-03-2002, 11:55 AM
I agree with Al. I have been communicating through PM and e-mails with at least 50 members constantly since the forum started. No need to know about me. I'm just as stupid as everybody else got a hook set firmly into my mouth for over 30 years.
I vote for Darcy. See how he cope with a new baby, new fry, toss between baby to babies. both need special attention and W/C between legs and tanks.
Jimmy.

DarkDiscus
12-03-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! I'm going to start the vote right away.

This month we are going to go along as normal, but for January I am going to do 3 mini-spotlights on your basic, old hobbyists - the people who this forum was built on. Instead of having a general vote, I'm going to post it for the moderators to try to come up with 3 people who best represent the future of the hobby and who we want to get to know for the New Year. I'll be contacting members who have been given the nod over the next little while to start getting information together.

Thanks everyone!

John