PDA

View Full Version : what cause the wound at the pectoral fin of my male?

ping
12-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Hi,

My male's pectoral fin has damage. It happened for first time during the first successful breeding. I have noticed that he gets angry with the babies as they like to disturb his wounded pectoral fin.
I moved the babies after that and the male gets better.

Now, i have 40 over babies in the second successful breeding.
The same things happen to the pectoral fin but it is really worse this time. One of the pectoral fin does not move to the correct direction like the other pectoral fin. It moves slightly to the upper but the fish still can swin straight.

I have seen the same things happen to someone's breeding pair.
His male got the same problem with the fin.
Could be possible for the breeding to cause this problem ?
What should i do ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,
Ronny

12-03-2002, 08:09 PM
Hey,
I'd try to seperate the pair, even if it's in the tank by putting in egg crate or something, just to stop them from spawning until his fin heals. And to heal the fin....raise the temp a few degress, add salt at 1 tbs/10 gallons and try something like Melafix. HTH
Brad

ping
12-04-2002, 06:14 AM
Hi Brad,

I was thinking of seperating them. But unfortunately, i will be going for holiday soon for 3 months. My friends will take care of my fish and they dont know anything. :'(

I am really worrying about leaving the fish to them. But this is the only way. :(

I got the fin problem before during the first spawning. The male has recovered from it.
But during the second spawning, it happens again.

The babies are 1 week old. I might just leaving it for a while and ask my friends to move the babies out and put something on the breeding tank to stop the parent from spawning again. I have noticed also that the babies stay with the female most of the time .
At least the male can have a rest more. :)

Any ideas what caused the wound at pectoral fin ?

Regards,
Ronny