PDA

View Full Version : PRAZI AND DEFROSTED BLOODWORMS

Elaine_Bryant
12-04-2002, 03:57 AM
;D ;D ;D Hi all, I defrosted 4 oz of bloodworms and added powdered prazi....my problem: I meant to add 1/8th tsp and instead added 1/4 tsp to the defrosted bloodworms. I need your advise...........should I throw them away and start over? thanks all in advance. Elaine

April
12-04-2002, 05:26 AM
Hi Elaine...how are you. im not sure on that..how about feed less? ok....im really not sure. i just add the prazzi to the tank water and wait. works well for me. i do it right after a water change....and usually within 12 hours if there are worms they start to appear.

Francisco_Borrero
12-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Elaine, What I would do is a variation of "feed less" as suggested by April:
Basically, I would thaw a chunck of medicated BW, then mix with any flake food you have around, getting it to a paste consistence, then feed. I wouldn't throw it away, and my understanding is that prazi is a med where slight overdoses are not that big of a deal.
However, I don't like the idea of using bloodworms for administering meds, unless you plan on using it all at once. That is, I would not be happy with the idea of preparing 4oz of BW (which implies thawing 4oz), then freezing them again so I can break chunks to use. Thawing, refreezing BW.....no good for me.
Good luck, Francisco.