PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Favorite's Can You Guess.

darcy
12-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Ok here's my favorite's. No names for now. Do you know who they are?
Hint: the goalie has passed away!! :'( :'( :'(

darcy
12-12-2002, 09:53 PM
And the last one.

mustysushi
12-13-2002, 09:47 AM
Ah yes.... the late great Pelle Lindbergh. Couldn't stop a beach ball at first, but turned out to be one hell of a goalie.

mustysushi
12-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Dave Brown... not a bad fighter but I'm a Probert fan.

darcy
12-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Dave Brown would have beat the crap out of Probert so fast,it would have made Probert's head spin!!! Probert was ok but not in the same class as Dave !!!

As for Pelle he was a hell of a goalie!!! To bad that he had a passion for fast cars and drinking and driving :'( :'( :'(. I quit watching and playing for awhile after that,I didn't even know the man but I was devestated. I still to this day have his number and name on my Flyer's jersey and I guess you would say a shrine of picture's on my living room wall.
Darcy

DarkDiscus
12-13-2002, 02:45 PM
I remember the name Pelle Lindbergh, but I don't remember much about him... Any details for us newbie Flyers fans?

John

darcy
12-13-2002, 04:01 PM
John
Pelle was a back up to bernie Parent. As was said he was a so-so goalie. When he finally got the starting job he was well on his way to being the top goalie of his time!! Alas one night while out drinking he got into his porsche and ran into a wall,killing himself. from that day on NOONE wearing A Flyer's uniform is allowed to use that number!! He is sadly missed and remembered!!!!
darcy

I can go into more detail but this is the short story.

DarkDiscus
12-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Darcy,

Around when did this happen. I remember this all so clearly, like I remember reading about it or seeing something about it.

Very much a deja vu experience for me...

John

darcy
12-13-2002, 04:55 PM
John
Pelle died November 13,1985. there was much printed about this especially if you were a hockey fan or lived in Philly.

Darcy

DarkDiscus
12-13-2002, 05:07 PM
Darcy,

Yep. Makes sense. The Whalers were still in Hartford and I was more into hockey at the time. I probably heard it on the radio and read about it.

It still feels like deja vu.

John