PDA

View Full Version : RO Membrane

gary1218
12-13-2002, 01:22 PM
I need to replace the RO membrane on my 80gpd SpectraPure unit. The membrane from SpectraPure is $99.
Does any one know if the RO membranes are universal in size? Will an RO membrane from a different company fit a SpectraPure? Where's a good spot on line to buy them?

Thanks,
GARY

OEG
12-13-2002, 01:35 PM
GARY,
sure they will my friend, i have the people that can get you a better deal. Call 407-599-6633 and ask for Marianne and tell her Oscar sent you her way and she will take very good care of you. They are very knowledgable and have great customer service.
Oscar

Discusgeo
12-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Check out the link below. A replacement your talking about is around $38.00

http://www.wateranywhere.com/Dir/~.htm

12-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Sorry Oscar.... :P
Marianne's are a bit spendy for me (70$ and up)..... My system is from AquaFX too... I went thru RandalB (the second time), and if I remember correctly it was around 25-30 $$

He's his link...
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=3710

Didn't mean to step on any toes.. Marianne is a great lady, I do agree... I also agree you do what you have to, to keep a business a float. But (again..if I remember correctly) she does use the same wholesaler as Randal does....

Julz :)

OEG
12-13-2002, 10:05 PM
Julz,
do you know what brand of RO membrane you had and what you bought? Believe it or not some are better than others and when it comes to my discus i wont cut corners. let me know what brand your membranes are now.
Oscar

RandalB
12-14-2002, 12:03 AM
Sorry Julz,
Let me jump in for a second.

Oscar, I only carry Filmtec membranes by DOW. Julz got a 75GPD Dow membrane.

Gary, to a certain extent R/O membranes are the same size. For Example: All the Membranes below 100GPD are the same if they are for tapwater/nonbrackish well water applications "Residential low Pressure membranes" as they are called. If you are processing seawater they are different and some 100GPD membranes are slightly larger "Brackish water and Commercial" is what they are referred to as.

I have 75GPD membranes right now for $30.00 plus $6.00 shipping. A little smaller than 80GPD but definately cheaper and they will fit the spectrapure units. BTW, are you certain it's an 80? That's an odd size.

Sorry for Jumping in Julz!

RandalB

12-14-2002, 01:40 AM
No Problem Randal, you are indeed the expert....

Oscar.
As long as my readings tell me what I need to be up to par with the Discus then I am sold!.... So far Randal's membrane out lasted AFX by 30 days. I went thru 2 of hers in less than that. She had great customer service (I must say) but in the end we both came out of it very discouraged..... Again I, by no means, am aiming to dis her. She is a great lady!.... :)

Julz :) :)

gary1218
12-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

I ended up contacting the place George suggested and got a 100gpd membrane for $44.

GARY