PDA

View Full Version : 2nd batch on the way!!!

kokebon
12-16-2002, 06:43 AM
Hello Guys!!

I am back! With the first success batch of over 30 fries, I have to say it was such an incredible experience. I had sold some and some had died (still need to pratice keeping the fries alive.)

So far, I've only seen the fries ( MR x Blue turquoise) over 6 weeks old showing extraordinary red color.

Well, second batch is on the way. I had 200 eggs and 100+ hatched. I cant wait. More fries this time. I would appreciate if anyone can share with me their experience on keeping the fries alive. I know!! Daily water change, feed them well!! i did all that..but it seemed though I still couldn't keep those babies alive. So, I want to get ready for the 2nd batch since its a lot more babies. 20 gal sufficient enough for them? LOL

thanks

Kokebon

paulmat
12-16-2002, 08:32 AM
Kokebon
A 20 gal will be O.K. for a few weeks.
I change my water twice a day, in A.M. & P.M.
Feed four to five times.BBS also Golden Pearls(Brine Shrimp Direct) and get them on worms A.S.A.P.

Lots of air is also a good thing ,maybe a sponge filter or two and a airstone to boot.

Good Luck with them.

Paul :guitarist:

limige
12-16-2002, 08:33 AM
congradulations, hopefully you'll have this down to a science in no time!

jeep
12-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Alright! Hope things work better this time. You've certainly learned quite a bit since the first time around!!!

12-16-2002, 10:35 PM
Do you know why they were dying? It may have been gill flukes

kokebon
12-19-2002, 08:42 AM
Yippie!! they are all free swimmers!!! They are all with the dad. Why is the mom tripping out though? She fights with the dad!!!! I dont want to move her though...any suggestion?

Well, I think the last batch fries died because of over feeding. I don't know. I don't know how to tell if its gill fluke. I did hear that using "little fish saver" Jungle brand will help keeping the fries alive. So far, this batch has over 100 fries. they are all looking pretty good to me. But I just don't get why the dad is cleaning the cone now. LOL!!! I moved the cone so that he doesnt get into action again!!!!

Well, I will post some pix tonight.

kokebon ;)

kokebon
12-30-2002, 06:30 AM
Hey guys

sorry for the delay!! posting a few pictures....this one was a week ago when the fries became free swimmer and on parents.

kokebon :D

kokebon
12-30-2002, 06:38 AM
Another one. got 100+ fries

kokebon
12-30-2002, 06:46 AM
Here is another one. Mom taking care of the fries.

kokebon

kokebon
12-30-2002, 06:49 AM
Ok...here are the fries. 2 weeks old. removed from the parents. lol

kokebon

kokebon
12-30-2002, 06:53 AM
Another picture taken today. LOL>..i lost count..over 100+

kokebon
12-30-2002, 06:58 AM
They are released and in 15 gal now. lol.. feeding them bbs....

Happy new Years to all of you!!!

kokebon ;)

jeep
12-30-2002, 10:28 AM
Nice pics Kokebon! Hope it all goes well this time...

12-30-2002, 03:16 PM
You have incredible luck!!! Or is it all just skill??? ;) Man, I'm really happy for you and only wish I could get the same result.

Brad

kokebon
12-30-2002, 08:04 PM
Guys!! need some input man!!! how do I keep the fries alive and healthy? LOL. I havent lost any yet, but judging from the last batch result, I am in fear of losing some this time. So, tell me, besides water change daily and healthy diet, what else? lol.....now, I cant tell if they have gill fluke, so, I just add a bit of salt and little fish saver to help. What other mediciations should I use to prevent any diseases from outbreaking?

thanks

I really need help!!!!

kokebon ;)

12-30-2002, 11:14 PM
Take it easy man! lol Just keep up the work you're doing. WC, WC, and more WC will give ur fish the best chance to survive and thrive. If you start losing fry, that's when you need to take other action. That's when treatment for gill flukes will come in handy.

Brad