PDA

View Full Version : Please help with identification of these fish

Discus Don
12-18-2002, 03:10 AM
Hi all,

I purchased these juvenile fish about 6 weeks ago, but I'm not convinced they are what they were labeled as (which I'll not mention just yet...).

Can anyone help identify them? The pics aren't the best, but they should suffice for someone who knows... There are four total, and they are all the same type (or at least claimed to be). Two are brightly colored, two are less so (although those two fade the colors in and out at times).

Thanks,
-Don

Wolf
12-18-2002, 03:12 AM
Looks like a red/turq and a snakeskin to me.

Discus Don
12-18-2002, 03:12 AM
...and here is what they looked like when I brought them home....

paulmat
12-18-2002, 05:05 AM
Don

They havn't fully colored up,thier still young.They look nice though ;D
Looks like a r/turk
Paul :guitarist:

12-18-2002, 04:39 PM
both red turqs if u ask me

12-18-2002, 09:27 PM
YEP! they are super duper red with blue but only in the middel.
red turks ;D

Cary Gld!

Discus Don
12-18-2002, 10:22 PM
Thanks everyone.... I guess they're red turks.

In Wolf's defense, I edited my first post stating they are all the same type after his post.

If you were wondering, I bought these as "Red Diamond Spotted". Mind you, I think they're good-looking fish, and I only paid $15 ea for them, so I'm perfectly happy with them, but after learning a bit more (and especially the thread here about Red Diamonds) I began to think they were not exactly what they were billed as.

They are growing like mad, though, so I'm looking forward to them pairing up in a few months.

Thanks again!
-Don

Carol_Roberts
12-18-2002, 10:35 PM
I'd imagine that red turks and red diamonds look quite a bit alike as youngsters as they are quite similiar.
Carol :heart1: