PDA

View Full Version : Left overs

Debo
12-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Hello, I was just wondering I feed some flake food and always at the bottom of the can is small or powdered left overs. I hate to throw it away. I was wondering what other people do with it? Besides mix with beef heart.
Deb ::)

12-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Excellent binder for BH.
Jimmy.

redlines
12-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Yep Yep Yep

I agree with Jimmy. I always use flake food as a binder for my beef heart too. Otherwise I just toss it into my community tank for the Angels & Tetras.

Andy

12-19-2002, 12:55 PM
I used to use flake food as a binder for beefheart. Then I stopped using it and found that the beefheart clouded the water much less then before. Now my beefheart mix is just beef, garlic & B12. I feed Mysis shrimp separately so there's no need to include it in the mix. The simplicity of this recipe is great. And it does not make the tank cloudy. I don't understand why a binder is necessary, maybe it's not if you're adding as little ingredients as I am. I chop up the beefheart before feeding anyways so the benefits of a binder would be minimal.

Dave

Ivan
12-19-2002, 03:13 PM
I'd probably throw it! While the food is open the goodness is slowly deteriorating. So when you get to the bottom the food isn't worth much to the fish, in terms of good diet.

Denny
12-20-2002, 01:05 AM
bettas like it.