PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help!

NanDiscus
12-19-2002, 11:15 AM
Hi all!

I need some help with this Flubenol-treatment thingy.
The deal is that I don't have enough R.O. capacity and water prep. storage to do these big water changes that this treatment requires. I could only use extra tap water to replace the R.O., but that would result in drastic changes of the water parameters in the system (central, about 500 gallons as of now with only half of the tanks used).
What about doing smaller w/c's and use a carbon filter. (I thought about using 4 lbs. of carbon granulate.
After the first treatment I did a 50% w/c, but today, on the second day of the second treatment the water is VERY cloudy. The fish eat well, some of them are a little worried about the bad visibility in the tank, but one pair actually spawned last night, so they should be ok.
What shall I do then?

Thanks for the hints!

NanDiscus
ps. I will have some pics to post soon.

brewmaster15
12-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Hi Nandiscus,
The cloudy water is okay, happens sometimes with the treatment.

MY advice to you is to stop using the ro water or use a ratio of it to tap that will allow you do water changes in the 50% range, while you are doing the treatment. Its more important to keep the water change regime than have RO water in that tanks.

hth,
al

12-20-2002, 06:38 PM
to keep your tanks from clouding up, measure out the amount that you need to put in the tank and fill a small jar up with tank water. Mix the water and the med and put the cap on and shake it up really well. then pour it into the tank and it won't be so cloudy.

Brad

12-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Yep Brad, that is the way I do it.

Miles

NanDiscus
12-21-2002, 04:22 PM
That shaking part is what I did exactly. The water was still very cloudy. Never mind. I did a 40% w/c today. The fish still seem to be doing fine.
The eggs went tits up, though... :'(