PDA

View Full Version : The brown lay eggs on the heater's cord

wo
12-20-2002, 04:32 AM
Hi,

The pair of brown I bought several days ago lay eggs on the heater's cord with other fish around. What should I do ? Because some od the discus are found bearing hole-in the-head disease. They are in the middle of treatment with WaterLife "Octozin". I guess the disease carrier are the pair of brown. Since I kept the rest of my discus for one year and found no such disease. Since the brown joined the tank without quarantine and then some of my discus are found to be sick. However, the browns themselves, are quite healthy and attempt to lay eggs for several time. This time there are about 15-20 eggs on the cord. Should I abondom the eggs and complete the treatment. I am thinking of treating for hole-in-the-head, then formalin bath, at last, medication for intestinal parasite. Would that be enough for quarantine?

Carol_Roberts
12-20-2002, 10:18 AM
Hi Wo:
I'd leave the eggs and continue with the treatment. the eggs will proably not have made it any way. Many now othink Hole in the head is caused by a nutritional deficiency. Try adding red wigglers, California Black Worms or other safe life food to their diet.
Carol :heart1:

wo
12-23-2002, 11:21 AM
Thanks Carol:

The parent guarded the eggs for 40 hours and then the eggs just disappeared perhaps the other fish ate them. They are still get treatment for HITH. For vitamin supplement, can I add human vitamin syrup (the kind for baby) in the hamburger instead of the aquatic vitamin?

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Carol_Roberts
12-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Yes, you can use baby vitamens - but I don't know how much to use - anyone else know?
Carol :heart1: