PDA

View Full Version : Discus Meeting in St Louis Area

paul_burney
12-21-2002, 11:10 PM
Hello all i am in Illinois and would like to get togather with other Discus keepers in and around St. Louis i am 40 miles from there if you might be intrested in getting togather please let me know and we can plan for a Jan. or Feb date on a weekend. We can meet at my house im right off the main interstates and state hiways . Im in Bethalto ,Illinois
Hope to see some of you soon.

PS you can respond to me here or Im me or my email is pburney1@charter.net

Carol_Roberts
12-22-2002, 12:06 AM
Paul asked me to keep this at the top for awhile so everyone can see it.

IF you can go, GO. You won't regret it! I drove 5 hours round trip in the rain and dark on a Wednesday night to visit with John Nicholson, Jeff Doty and Dennis Hardenburger.

By nature I am not one to go to parties. When I have to go to a function I usually go sit in the corner and talk to one or two people. I'm not good at small talk.

This was more like a reunion that being amongst strangers. There was never a lull in the conversation. I felt like I'd known them for ages. And it is so much fun to see other peoples fish and fishrooms and water storage . . . .

Carol :heart1:

scotz
12-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Paul - I would like to get together as well. I live in Indianapolis, IN so you are just a couple of hours away. One request though, I will be gone from Jan. 7 - Jan 27th. Actually I will be Hawaii working, so if we can have the meeting in Feb. I could make it. I would love to gether with other discus nuts and talk fish!!

Thanks

scotz

paul_burney
12-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Scotz
Nope your not very far indeed i would like to have a group get togather it doesnt have to be in Jan or even Feb just putting out some feelers on interest in us getting togather
so far your the first responce i hope to get a good crowd here . am i a nut ::) ::) ::)i even am gonna have the meeting at my house hopeto see you all here.
Paul Burney

Don_Lee
12-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Hi Paul,

I am in Northern Illinois, Rockford area, and would love to come if I can make it work with my schedule. As long as I know enough ahead of time, and can bring my son, I will probably be able to come.

Don ;D

paul_burney
12-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Well that will be 3 of us here come on guys anymore of us Discus keepers around St. Louis ??? ??? ??? ???
Paul

12-23-2002, 05:22 PM
I wanna go.... :'( :'( :'(

Don_Lee
12-23-2002, 06:01 PM
I bet Paul would let you go if you were nice Julz.....take a road trip, stay overnite at a nice hotel. You deserve a break!

Don ;D

paul_burney
12-23-2002, 08:52 PM
Ya Julz you all come ya here always room for more BUT WE NEED PEOPLE ;D ;D ;D
Paul

jeep
12-24-2002, 11:17 AM
You guys keep going the wrong way. I'm in KC and I think I'd be willing to go to St. Loius. It's only 4 hours away...

paul_burney
12-24-2002, 11:19 AM
;D ;D Good that will be 4 of us but we need more ;D ;D
Paul

12-26-2002, 08:41 AM
Jack is in KC as well... Randal and Daryl in Chi.... Then there is our long lost bud, Gipper.... Hmmm I bet we could come up with a few more..... :P

jeep
12-26-2002, 11:06 AM
Cartoon lives in KC also and she'd love to go...

bmrin1
12-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Let me know when and where I would like to come. I live just west of Ft. Wayne , IN.
Brian

paul_burney
12-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Ok ;D ;D looks like we are gettin good responce here but would you guys and gals prefer a winter meeting or should we plan on something in the spring when its nicer and i could cook up a good BBQ supper for ya all ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Its you guys and gals call let me know and we will try to set a date up for a Sat. night
Paul

jeep
12-27-2002, 11:01 AM
BBQ? I'll bring my home-made award winning sauce :lickin: :flame: :thumbsup:

April
12-29-2002, 11:56 PM
once again...im going to request you slide this whole event a tad west. and a bit north.
or...find me a lear jet or concord to fly me there right after work on saturday so i can get there just in time.
ok....well paul if i lived closer id love to come and meet you and your fish. ;D

paul_burney
12-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Well April ill se if i can get the company jet to fly out and get you it is parked at the local airport 3 milesaway ::) ::) ::) but i dont think they will let me use it but ask ;D ;D ;D anway you are most welcome if you can get here you and Julz can share the Futon ;) ;) i am leaning toward a May date as i would really like to do a BBQ get togather , and yes it will be a Sat evening so YA ALL CAN COME i just got to pick a weekend in May :)
Paul

Gipper
01-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Well I live kinda close so I suppose I could make it as well!!!

Gipper

paul_burney
01-02-2003, 10:33 PM
GEE Gipper you still alive i thought you DIED :angel: or something wher ya been ??? ??? ??? and ya you better come :thumbsup: :wave: :wave:

mtwinn
04-09-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi everyone!!!

I know that there are lots of Discus nuts around the St. Louis area. Anyone up for a little get together? Paul? Mike? I am new to the St. Louis area and would love to meet you guys. Thanks!

Mike

lovingod
04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Hey guys :)...I'm from St. Louis and might be visiting my family some time this summer. We live in Carriere, Mississippi right now. Let me know when you're having your meeting and maybe we can plan our visit around that time. It would be great to meet everyone.

We just got back from the Atlanta meeting. We (DiscusDawg and I) brought the crawfish/shrimp for the Saturday night boil. Everyone had a great time!! Hopefully there will be more Discus lovers at next year's conference!!!

paul_burney
04-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi Mike
I talked up a meeting of Discus Nuts for around here but had no luck maybe more of us around now than in 2002 anyone want to have a discus meeting and BBQ in the Illinois, Missouri KC area this spring ???????

mtwinn
04-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Paul,

I just moved to the St. Louis area from southern California a short time ago. Actually, by this time next week, I will officially be living in Swansea, IL. I think that's not too far from you right Paul? Anyway, I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Misuraco (Discman123) from St. charles, MO. I would love to meet the rest of the people from around here.

Mike

gearhead1911
05-01-2004, 11:29 PM
i would like to attend- and since im just outside of st.louis it would be more than easy. plus i would be able to learn allot more about these wonderful fish. just post up a date :)