PDA

View Full Version : Moving the parents or the babies ?

ping
01-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Hi,

My pair spawn again for the third time. :)
Which one is better, moving the parents or the babies out of the breeding tank ? ???

In the first and second spawn, i moved the babies out.

My pair did not eat the unfertilize eggs. And they put the the babies next to the unfertilize eggs. Is it dangerous for the babies ? ???

Regards,
Ronny

Carol_Roberts
01-05-2003, 11:39 PM
As long as the other eggs aren't fungused it should bed safe for the babies. I bet they move them again anyway. I move mom, then dad and then babies when they get too big for tank.

Carol :heart1:

ping
01-06-2003, 06:02 AM
Thanks Carol,

I cant really see whether the eggs are fungused or not.
The babies are 2 days old ....
When are they starting to swim ?

Just wondering how do people get 100+ babies ?
My pair is only 18 months old. The female is about 3".
The male is about 4".

Regards,
Ronny

Carol_Roberts
01-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Are they swimming now or at least falling off the cone?

Mom needs to lay lots of eggs close together and dad needs to fertilize all to get over 100 babies. Soft water and no current also helps. 70 -80 babies is plenty for me to take care of.

Carol :heart1:

01-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Ronny, No need to worry. The fungus from eggs only attacks dead tissue and is not a true fungus. joe ;)

ping
01-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi Carol , Hi Joe

Thanks for your replies.
The babies are not swimming, but they are falling off the cone. The eggs are fungused. the parents put their babies right exactly at the fungused eggs. It seems that the babies are alright.

I have lots of current in my breeding tank. I forgot to unplug the internal power filter. :-\

Regards,
Ronny

01-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Ronny, The power filter is now well fertilized. Tie a string onto your finger so you don't forget next time! Joe ;D

ping
01-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Hi Joe,

You are right. I saw the female staring at the power filter. She must be complaining to the male that "what a waste".
You suppose to fertilize the eggs not the power filter. ;D

Regards,
Ronny

ping
01-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi,

I have around 10 babies. The parent spawn again and this time no power filter ... ;D
Not so many eggs. But the fun part is that the parents is taking care the eggs and the babies.

Cheers,
Ronny