PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio, Tx

Tonyintx
01-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Hi all just looking for other Discus addicts here in town?

My name is Tony Serna and I have 1 100 g tanks with 1 Heckle and now thanks to Tim E. 9 new Red/Turks.

heavyp83
01-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi,
I'm in Austin, and I too have some of Tim's red turks!

Tonyintx
01-13-2003, 10:24 AM
Some advice I know this is being said just about everywhere in this site but like most( I hope I'm not alone) I didn't QT last week when I found a BD that was very cheap and had to have. I put him right in with the rest of my babies and low and behold 2 days later I'm a father with no children :'( I feel so lost now.

I note to all especially the beginners "always qt" always. :'( :'(

roger
01-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Really sorry to hear of the death in the family. I used to live in San Antonio and I still visit my folks who live on the NE side of town.

The hardest thing in the world to do is put fish in qt.

It is well worth the money to get a 29gal tank/stand combo and put a sponge filter in it. Tops its about $150 but it can do double duty as qt and a breeder tank.

Peace,
Roger

Tonyintx
01-14-2003, 04:57 PM
hey thanks for the info roger, my son has a 29 gl that I'm sorry to say that I have now taken back to serve as QT tank but I promised him a new tank for his birthday. Im trying to get started again but it will take some time i know.

roger
01-14-2003, 05:58 PM
Are you looking for local fish to your area or would you be willing to get fish shipped to you.

If you dont mind the shipping there are people here who have fry from time to time and you might be able to talk them into a box of 10 or 12 for fairly cheap. Shipping on something like that is usually 60-75.

Tonyintx
01-15-2003, 09:39 AM
thanks for the info roger.

jesser
02-13-2003, 02:08 AM
san antonio here, northside ramco construction. i have a 105 garden tank with discus. two breeder tanks (29) one hometown runaround,
70 gallon growout tank. not to mention my 125 reef tank and 20 gallon hospital tank with a pair of maroon clowns. let me know how you deal with the water. as for qt i did it once not too bad a turnout but i dont buy from my lfs well there is only one who deals in discus and thats fintique since aquarium sales closed. and they arent that great looking but i have a few. i have one left of cary gld. and hope to get another pair soon from a breeder not in sa. they are goingto have watley in dallas in march i think i will go visit the hatchery out there at that time i dont remember their name but they are bookmarked somewhere. real nice poeple. well holla at ya.