PDA

View Full Version : Duisburg 2002 entries

01-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Hi, Anyone wishing to view the entries from the Duisburg 2002 International Discus Championship can do so by going to

www.dphnet.com/world-shows/duisburg02/ Click on "tank overview". You will now be able to view the entries by tank #. My entries were as follows:

Tank# 191 Blue Turq.-- 2nd place winner of striped blue turquoise category

tank# 237 Blue diamond in solid turquoise category

tank#291 Red Turq. --striped red turquoise category

tank#374 Long finned Blue Diamond-- Open category

tank#456 Pigeonblood--pigeonblood category

tank#471 Dream X Golden Anaconda--Spotted category

I will be entering discus for the Aquarama Competition being held in singapore in May 31- June 3 2003.

Take Care, Joe ;)

01-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Again Good Job JOE!

01-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Yes great job Joe. And for those who dont know, Joe was the first American to place in any of the Duisburg shows so that should say something about his discus.

Randy

shootingstar
01-14-2003, 05:43 PM
Joe,

tank#471 Dream X Golden Anaconda--Spotted category

should be #1 winner for spotted if I was the judge.....did they explain why this was not chosen ?

01-19-2003, 02:46 AM
Shootingstar, Thanks!!!The fish did not show good color til a day after the judging and did not exhibit good demeanor despite my coaching! One of the judges critiqued the fish and said it would have probably placed had it's "attitude" been better. The fish was also young at 12 months and was smallish at 6 1/2 ", but even has spots in the ventral fins. I had high hopes for this fish, but ended up selling it there which helped me recoup some of the money spent to get there in the first place. I have another one I am grooming for Aquarama. As this past Duisburg was my first competition, I feel I learned alot about International Competition and it has only whetted my appetite. Joe :)

chirohorn
01-30-2003, 12:10 PM
Congrats on the award! That's a pretty good sized feather on your cap.