PDA

View Full Version : SimplyDiscus Auction Information

Ryan
01-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Please read this entire message before visiting our auction site

Hello everyone,

As most of you know, the idea of auctions had been brought up a while ago. I have been working on some auction software that I think fits our needs.

Please be aware that our items up for auction have been generously donated and all proceeds go to SimplyDiscus to help our website stay up and running. For now, we ask that you please only register with the auction site in order to bid. We do not want people to sell items at this time. This is something we are looking into and that may become available at a later date. If an auction is posted it will be removed.

All auctions listed by "SimplyDiscus" are donated items. Each item description will include information about who donated the item and how shipping will be handled.

Registering for auctions

The auction software is located on a different server in order to avoid login conflicts with the message board. You will have to register for an account with the auction site. When you click Register, you will be given a form to fill out that includes your name, address, and telephone number, as well as your birthday. Please fill this information in accurately. It is not available to the general public, only to Al and myself. This information is used to verify shipping addresses and contact information. You must fill the form out completely or the software will not allow you to join. If you are younger than 18, the board will not let you proceed with registration. Tyler, you'll have to use a different year for your birth date :)

Once you have registered, you will be sent a verification e-mail. It is important that you provide a legitimate e-mail address or you will not receive this mail. Open the e-mail message and click on the link inside of it. This will take you to an activation page where you will be asked to confirm your account. Once you have done this, you are registered and may begin bidding.

If you have any questions or comments please e-mail or IM me and I will help you.

The auction link at the top of this website is now enabled. Our first two items up for auction have been generously donated by Cary Strong of Great Lakes Discus. Thank you, Cary! ;D

Ryan

fcdiscus
01-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Ryan, How do you get to the auction site? Frank

Ryan
01-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Frank,

At the very top of the page look for the http://forum.simplydiscus.com//YaBBImages/auctions.gif button, or bookmark this:

http://www.simplydiscus.com/auctions/

fcdiscus
01-08-2003, 06:21 PM
It still said coming soon. I will try again. Thanks Ryan!

ronrca
01-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Cool! What more can I say? What more should I say? Very beautiful fish to start off! ;)

Good luck Simplydiscus crew!

fcdiscus
01-08-2003, 06:31 PM
The link worked, but not the top button. Frank

Wahter
01-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Ryan,

Later on, can we donate plants to the auction? ;D ;D ;D

(not sure of some of the export implications, so this might be restricted to the US only - I guess that means April will have to do without any densely planted tanks for a while longer!). ;) ;)

Walter

Ryan
01-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Frank, that's odd, the link up top is the same as the one in the message.. I copied it and pasted it here. Maybe hit refresh on the board? Or on the page that opens? They both point to the same place, works on my end.

Ryan

TnMark
01-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Great idea but neither the link nor the auction button worked for me. Thanks

Smokey
01-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Works fine, for me!!!!!!!
Nice fish.......!!!!!!!

Ryan
01-08-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure why they are not working for some. You may need to clear your internet history.

Try this link:

http://www.rainforesthosting.com/auctions/

Walter, sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. People who are interested in donating, you may e-mail Al or myself. I will talk it over with him and get some sort of system set up to make things easier.

Ryan

Wahter
01-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Ryan, thanks. The links/ buttons work fine for me. I've tried it on Internet Explorer 5.5 running on 2000 and Win 95. I'll have some plants available later - probably after March (our local club's auction is near the end of Feb).

Walter

fcdiscus
01-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Same problem with the top button today Ryan. Might be my aol status. I don't know! Frank

Discusgeo
01-09-2003, 07:40 PM
The donate button(hint) I mean the auction button worked for me using Internet Explorer 6.0. I guess both button's worked for me.
Thanks Ryan and Al for the good job.
George

brewmaster15
01-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Thank You George!!!!

nalah
01-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Ryan
I know we can't bid in livestock ( what a shame) but can the aussies bid on supplies and other products as they became available??

thanks
pascale

brewmaster15
01-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi pascale,
yes... provided the person donating the item is willing to ship it internationally, and you are willing to pay the freight!

hth,
al