PDA

View Full Version : TRIP NORTH

jim_shedden
01-09-2003, 11:37 AM
I had to drive north to a mine site yesterday and saw a couple of interesting things that you might get a kick out of.
The first picture is Shania Twains sign. Shania is from Timmins which is about 3 hours north of me. The second picture is really weird. A while back something happened that scared the schit out of people. It was a clear blue sky when something came along and destroyed (flattened) about 3 square miles of forest. The Ministry of the Environment office called it a "MICRO BURST". It apparently can happend out of the blue (excuse the punn). This was a beautiful sunny day when all of a sudden a mini hurricane just dropped out of the sky and destroyed Halfway Lake Provincial Park. It looked like a bomb went off. A similar thing happened in Russia back in the '40's and people thought it was a UFO that did it. Who Knows.

Jim

jim_shedden
01-09-2003, 11:38 AM

Steve_Warner
01-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Hi all,
Jim, that micro burst is an amazing occurrance of nature. Now, on to the good stuff.........Shania Twain! Woohoo, what a "Hottie" :bounce: <ducking now from the wife's backhand> ;D

Steve