PDA

View Full Version : feeding discus pair

moses
01-10-2003, 12:40 PM
hello every body
I am a newbie in Discus (crazy)hoby.
as many newbie luck I have a pair of turquise about 6"
two year old .To day after a month of struggle there are about /maybe 200 babies on the parent body,about 50 each are still in the corner of the aquarium. I dont know if I shuld feed the parents right now or waite till the babies grow up
p.s.
the parents was fed on monia, white worm and beef heart.
Moses

Discusgeo
01-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Moses I would not feed them beefheart right now as it's too dirty if they don't eat it all. I wait at least 2 days before I feed, I want the new parents to settle down a bit before hand. Feed them the food that they like best so they will eat it all. Feed them a small portion and see if it's gone in 15 minutes, if not siphon it out.

Coetz
01-11-2003, 06:34 AM
Hey moses,
I will agree with discusgeo, feed them what they like. But don't NOT feed them, I have a pair of red turqus and it is better to feed them more than they eat and syphon out the rest than to starve them, unless ur stingy ;D Also if this batch doesn't work out don't be stressed, because they take it in steps, next time they will do better. Just leave it up to the parents. I used to get stressed, now I don't give a dam. I find they usually do better without me interupting them. Have fun with ur new hobby! :)

Coetz**

moses
01-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Thank you Goerge and Coetz.
I'll start to feed them small quantity of white worm.
By the way I can see still some babies down at the corner of the aquarium swimming around.
do thay have a chance to stay a live?