PDA

View Full Version : They did not make it

Pick
01-13-2003, 11:41 AM
After a three week battle all 70 of my fry succumbed to what I believe was gill flukes and secondary bacterial infection. I am starting a fishless cycled sponge tank today. When the sponges get within a couple of weeks of being cycled I will do the 21 day flubendazole treatment on the pair and then move them to a sterile tank with one of the new fishless cycled sponges. They never have shown any signs of flukes or other gill problems but the fry were starting to breathe a little rapidly before I pulled them from the parents tank. Those were dead within 10 days.

The ones that had been pulled earlier went two weeks before showing any signs but the last of them died yesterday.

I am definately still low in the learning curve!

TC

brewmaster15
01-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear it Terry! :'(

-al

larry lob
01-13-2003, 12:20 PM
So Sorry to hear that terry, look on the bright side with a healthy pair you will get brood apon brood quickly to hone develope and perfect rearing.
I know that this was no fault of your own but each time the mistakes are less the broods are bigger and the tanks more settled.

Good luck matey
Larry

Carol_Roberts
01-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Sorry Terry :'(
It's a roller coaster - so happy when they hatch and such a bummer when they die.

Carol :heart1:

Pick
01-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. There's 150 eggs on the cone right now. I'm still going to put a little effort into any fry I get but not going to go through all the crazy hassle fighting like I did with this first batch until I have the parents in the sterile tank and cleaned of flukes (relatively speaking - I know)

TC