PDA

View Full Version : Spawning on the Floor

Discus_Lover
01-15-2003, 09:33 AM
One of my friend who has recently purchased a group of Discus (6 pieces). He kept them in one tank with no spawning cones. He realized after a week from the purchased date that he has a pair and the female has spawned on the ground of the tank and it seems the eggs were fertilized!
Is there possibility that the male fertilize the eggs while it is laying on the ground?

Regards,
TARIQ ;)

larry lob
01-15-2003, 09:46 AM
hi,

Definatly possible, my last batch were layed on the floor and fertalized they even wriggled swam and are curently 14 days healthy babys.

arpanlib
01-15-2003, 05:01 PM
hi tariq,
just wanted to know if you are from dubai???
if yes, then please tell me if there are discus breeders there and please give website also. what all strains are available there in your country of discus???

also please let me know some shops in dubai who supply aquatic stuff and where i can find some brands like :

tetra
sera
hikari
aquarium pharmaceuticals
seachem

etc.........etc

thanx for the trouble.

arpanlib

Discus_Lover
01-16-2003, 05:11 AM
Thanks Larry Lob for your replay.

Dear Arpanlip,

The problem that we are facing here in Middle East countries (Dubai,Saudi,Bahrain,Kuwait etc) that we dont have discus professional breeder or any discus expertise. Most aquatic shops do not provide any stuff for Discus since there is not much demand of this type of fish or its related stuff. Imagine the population here in Saudi Arabia over 16 Million and out of that people who has the hobby of growing Discuss dont exceed 10 persons!
Saudi Arabia quite far from Dubai around 1200 KM so I have no idea of the location of the shops
Regarding website as far as I know there are no web sights available.
Sorry I could not assist you for the information you have requested.

Regards,
Tariq
:) ;D :)

P.S.
Are you planning to visit Dubai shortly?

arpanlib
01-16-2003, 02:52 PM
hi tariq,
thanx for the reply.
its not a problem that you cannot help me out, but i am glad that you replied to me. thanx a ton.

i dont plan to visit dubai, but daddy keeps going there and i have a few people visiting india frequently from there, thats why i thought that it would be a good idea to search for the best discus place.

anyways, happy discus keeping and thanx for the reply once again.

regards,
arpanlib