PDA

View Full Version : Discus Study Group

espitzer
01-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Hi. I've seen info on the Web for a group called the "Discus Study Group", but every link I've found for this group seems to be a dead end.

I'm wondering if some of the more experienced discus keepers know about this group, whether it still exists, and, if so, if it is worth looking into.

Thanks.

Eric

Carol_Roberts
01-15-2003, 06:49 PM
I don't think it is active at this time.
Carol :heart1:

chirohorn
01-15-2003, 08:03 PM
It's still alive & well! I could tell you the location, but I'd have to kill you. ;)

espitzer
01-15-2003, 08:59 PM
I don't really want to die for the info, but I am curious :)

01-15-2003, 10:52 PM
espitzer, As the former editor of The Discus Study Group, I assure you it is dead and buried. I accepted the position with the assurances that there would be many contributing authors with articles. Well, It didn't happen. The main guy was losing interest and patience. I was asked to come up with four articles on a monthly basis. This would have resulted in burnout--rather quickly. There are just so many items to write about discus--all the while trying to keep it fresh instead of rehashing.

In January of 2002, The admin stated on the site that it would be up soon as it was being reformatted. This didn't happen,
so yours truly caught an inordinate amount of flack. Without assistance, the best plans will not come to fruition. :-\ Joe

espitzer
01-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Joe,

Thanks for responding. I'm sorry it did not work out as you had planned! It sounded like a great idea.

ERic