PDA

View Full Version : Go with a bare bottom!

murali
01-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Hi,

As a newbie, one thing I am amazed at is what I have discovered after several weeks with juvenile discus. They are dirty!

I know they are beautiful, and I love to look at them, but wow, can the waste and left over food (even if you are careful) really build up.

I have had several planted tanks, and I can now see how difficult it would be with discus to keep such a tank healthy.

With my bare bottom...tank...I love doing one significant water change and one vacuuming a day. I can't believe the amount of waste that I siphon.

It feels great to keep the tank so clean.

My recommendation is ----- keep your bottom bare.

Murali.

Jeff
01-18-2003, 11:05 PM
That is great advice. So many people don't believe how much waste there is. It piles up fast. ;)

dm
01-19-2003, 12:44 AM
I do agree that bare bottom is easier and better for your Discus.

spartyblaze
01-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Bare bottom seems to be working for me........

BlueTurquoise
01-27-2003, 08:32 PM
I totally agree!!! I used to think the same about gravel and plants, mmm so nice. Until I went bare bottom, i didn't believe how much gunk can gather there!

Now that I do have bare bottom, I can't believe how much gunk gathers there! LOL ;D Juveniles who get fed 3-4 times a day also poop out 3-4 feeds!

Chong

Carol_Roberts
01-27-2003, 09:50 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Carol :heart1:

Karen
01-28-2003, 02:54 AM
I agree, grotty little devils that's why I changed to bare bottom even though I was stupid and didn't check my tap water first. Oh well no harm done and I live and learn.

Karen

jim_shedden
01-28-2003, 10:48 AM
drop your drawers.............go bare bottom.