arpanlib
01-19-2003, 02:30 AM
wow ..... the fish are amazing....... :o

best of luck.

arpanlib

brewmaster15
01-19-2003, 02:49 AM
Hi Ronald,

You really want an honest opinion? Okay... Those plants look terrible with all those holes in the leaves. Looks like you have some serious snail problem there, or an over zealous algae eater. :) ;D ;D ;D

take care,
al

ps Discus look pretty darn good to me.. Fins look clear, Eyes are bright and red, Nice round shape to them, and look pretty thick in the body. I wouldn't mind having them in my tanks...actually they look alot better than some of the wilds I have!

I'd be interested to know what You think of them.

01-19-2003, 03:08 AM
Thanks arpanlib and Al

Yea those plant’s ( over zealous algae eater >:( )
I think the body form is good (not perfect round), The Fin which extends from the fish downwards ( I would know the German word sorry) is not straight , it is on the right side
in an angle. Don't know though if that was from the transport. The eye's are big as with most Wild’s and I hope they stay red. What baffle’s me a bit is the Blue portion on the Face. I don't have much knowledge about RSG. Maybe there is something else in it. The other 2 RSG are of same quality just without the blue portion.

Ronald

jim_shedden
01-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Ronald : They are keepers for sure. Please post most pics as you get them.

Regads : Jim

01-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Ronald, To me, the fish are good quality. The green types of wild discus typically have the least desireable shape, but there is no fault finding from on these. The ventral fin is more likely an injury--just snip it off at the bend and it will probably grow back correctly. Joe ;)

Jeffery_Doty
01-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Ronald,

I agree with everyone else, these are certainly nice discus! Pefection is always the goal, but a very individual thing, so don't be too critical of yours!

The fin you are refering to I think, is the pelvic fin. Are you German?

Where did the discus come from?

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Jeff
Oregon

01-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Thanks Guy's
I also think that these are good quality Fish but I wanted to see if I am getting a look for it. Besides because I have bought them I thought maybe I look a bit different at them hehe.

I am German/America and lived in germany for 30 years.
I have picked those at Aquatechnics in Miami. He has a very nice setup, and was very knowlegeble and helpfull.
His stock was amazing for me. I am not affiliated in anyway though. As seen so oft, there might be someone out there with negative expierience.
I am lucky to live in the Miami area so the Fish I got untill now ar hand picked from varios Breeders,Importers.

I will mail order sometime I quess, but first I need more tanks.

Ronald

BLUEKNIGHT
01-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Really nice fish. where did u get them from. :: :o :o :o :o

Francisco_Borrero
01-19-2003, 07:53 PM
I like them a lot Ronald. Thanks for showing them.
Alberto and you did well.
I like a lot the amount of red in the dorsal fin.
Cheers, Francisco.

redlines
01-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Ronald,

There is one BIG problem with those fish!

They are not in my tank ;)

Andy

01-20-2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks all for the Resonse

Andy:
I knew there was a real BIG problem ;D

Blueknight:
I got them from Aquatechnics in Miami think the have
also a website with the same name.

Ronald

SLY
01-20-2003, 05:08 AM
I would rip them apart but u gotta send them to me first to have a closer look ;D

beta
01-20-2003, 06:43 AM
Lovely wild greens, hopefully i'll have some of them in my tank by the year end. :)

paulmat
01-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Ronald
Very nice fish.
I have sim. ones that would make beautiful babies together,Why don't you send them to me and I'll send you some fry back ;D ;) :D ;D :D ;D :-\
Paul :guitarist:

01-20-2003, 05:16 PM
thanks guy's

Paul emm could you Send yours over ;D

Ronald

01-21-2003, 11:34 PM
I like them!!!

Weezy ;D