PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on what the babies would be?

larry lob
01-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Hi,

What would a wild caught green and a singapore blue spotted turk babies be ?

and is it worth getting the greens purly for this match?

Thanks

Larry

Discusgeo
01-20-2003, 03:37 PM
They would be Discus babies. What they look like can be anyones guess, you will have to wait and see.

I don't understand the question?
is it worth getting the greens purly for this match

Richman
01-21-2003, 01:33 AM
Now you've got us all wondering. Breed them up, grow them out, take some pics, and let us all see! ;D

larry lob
01-21-2003, 01:49 PM
discusgeo,

The question was this.... i don't want to breed greens, would the fact they are crossed with singapore spotted turk make a cross worth having or has it been done? if it's been done what would the cross be and are they nice? other wise i don't want the greens.
if you feel i am cutting corners then sorry but whats the point in breeding something you don't want if it's been done and can be avoided. thanks for your time.

Larry

larry lob
01-21-2003, 01:50 PM
richman,

If the cross doesn't excist then sure thing bud, i'll do my best.

Larry

Discusgeo
01-21-2003, 08:31 PM
If you don't want to breed Greens then why ask the question and why buy a Green?. I have no idea if anyone crossed the 2 types you asked about and the only way anyone would know what they would look like was going to have to breed them. So why don't you go ahead and cross them and show us the results of your efforts. I am not making any statements about anyone cutting corners. Alot of people cross there Discus and some of the results have been fantastic. Look at the Red Melons, Blue Diamonds, San Merah all Discus that have been crossed with anoither to get what we have today. You asked the question and all we know right now to your answer would be they are baby discus or Wild Green x Blue Spotted Turk. By the way, do you have a Blue Spotted Turk because I never seen one and would like to see it if you do.
George

01-22-2003, 01:29 AM
George, I think he meant to say Red spotted blue turq.

Larry, IMO, it would be a step backwards. I think the wild green would be the dominant gene and any progeny would more than likely be less spotted. A heavily spotted RSG would be a better choice. Joe

larry lob
01-22-2003, 05:42 AM
thanks joe for correcting me and sorry george i did mean red spotted blue turk.
george i have nothing against greens and quite like some of them i just know zero about genetics and thought it would be nice if the cross would mean the green had more blue and red in it. not knowing what is more dominant is what had me at a loss.

thanks

Larry